Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > Exam Upgrade Clarification

Exam Upgrade Clarification

Scott Reading

Hi

I am currently a MCSE 2000. I understand that to upgrade to MCSE 2003, I
need to take the 70-292 and 70-296 exams. I have taken and passed the 70-292,
so I just have the final one to do.

I have heard on the grapevine recently, that Microsoft was putting an expiry
date on all MCSE 2000's needing to upgrade to 2003. So if I dont pass the
final exam, by a certain date, my MCSE 2000 certification will go down the
toliet.

Does anyone know if ths is true?

One more thing. Does anyone know whether there will be a direct upgrade path
from MCSE 2000 to the new 2008 certification?

Thanks in advance

Scott

Chris Lobban

True indeed.

If you login to the MCP homepage, on the right side you can find a
quick-link to the "Exams scheduled for retirement". Among those exams being
retired on March 31st, 2008 are both 70-292 and 70-296. So you've got 4
months from now to finish that last exam.

And no, there will be no direct jump from 2000 to 2008. You need to get your
2003 first, and then follow the upgrade path from there.

Chris

"Scott Reading" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I am currently a MCSE 2000. I understand that to upgrade to MCSE 2003, I
> need to take the 70-292 and 70-296 exams. I have taken and passed the

70-292,
> so I just have the final one to do.
>
> I have heard on the grapevine recently, that Microsoft was putting an

expiry
> date on all MCSE 2000's needing to upgrade to 2003. So if I dont pass the
> final exam, by a certain date, my MCSE 2000 certification will go down the
> toliet.
>
> Does anyone know if ths is true?
>
> One more thing. Does anyone know whether there will be a direct upgrade

path
> from MCSE 2000 to the new 2008 certification?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Scott

John R

You will still be able to update after 03/2008 by taking 293 and 294 instead
of 296. It is only 292 and 296 that are expiring. (Likewise for 290 and
291 instead of 292, but you've already got that covered).

John R

"Chris Lobban" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> True indeed.
>
> If you login to the MCP homepage, on the right side you can find a
> quick-link to the "Exams scheduled for retirement". Among those exams
> being
> retired on March 31st, 2008 are both 70-292 and 70-296. So you've got 4
> months from now to finish that last exam.
>
> And no, there will be no direct jump from 2000 to 2008. You need to get
> your
> 2003 first, and then follow the upgrade path from there.
>
> Chris
>
> "Scott Reading" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>>
>> I am currently a MCSE 2000. I understand that to upgrade to MCSE 2003, I
>> need to take the 70-292 and 70-296 exams. I have taken and passed the

> 70-292,
>> so I just have the final one to do.
>>
>> I have heard on the grapevine recently, that Microsoft was putting an

> expiry
>> date on all MCSE 2000's needing to upgrade to 2003. So if I dont pass the
>> final exam, by a certain date, my MCSE 2000 certification will go down
>> the
>> toliet.
>>
>> Does anyone know if ths is true?
>>
>> One more thing. Does anyone know whether there will be a direct upgrade

> path
>> from MCSE 2000 to the new 2008 certification?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Scott

Scott Reading

Thanks very much for that Chris. It is much appreciated