Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > SQL 2008 upgrade exam?

SQL 2008 upgrade exam?

JFoushee

Hi, does anyone have info on how to qualify for the SQL 2008 beta-exam?

I figured it's best to ask as early as possible.

LarryWestMCSD

You need to do two things:
1. Sign up for the MCP flash.
2. Regularly monitor blogs.msdn.com/trika. Occasionally beta notifications
are posted there.
Most of the time, betas are offered to people who have passed the previous
exams, so be sure you pass as many of the SQL Server 2005 exams as you can.

"JFoushee" wrote:

> Hi, does anyone have info on how to qualify for the SQL 2008 beta-exam?
>
> I figured it's best to ask as early as possible.

Darrilgibson@gmail.com

Adding to what Larry has written.

Microsoft says that they announce beta invitations via MCP Flash.
However, I recently searched past MCP Flashes back to April 2007 and
found only one mention of beta tests - one MCP Flash stated the Server
2008 upgrade exams would be available at TechEd 2007 (and they were)
but beyond that there were no invitations.

Trika's blog mentions an announcement via an online meeting Dec 12
where information on SQL Server 2008 certifications will be shared.
You can probably ask specifically how they plan on doing beta exams if
you attend one of the two meetings.
December 12, 2007, at 7:30 A.M. Pacific Time:
http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/Ev...&Culture=en-US
December 12, 2007, at 5:00 P.M. Pacific Time:
http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/Ev...&Culture=en-US

HTH,

Darril Gibson
MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
Mcitpsuccess.com
Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)

On Nov 5, 10:37 am, LarryWestMCSD <LarryWest-at-hotmail-dot-com>
wrote:
> You need to do two things:
> 1. Sign up for the MCP flash.
> 2. Regularly monitor blogs.msdn.com/trika. Occasionally beta notifications
> are posted there.
> Most of the time, betas are offered to people who have passed the previous
> exams, so be sure you pass as many of the SQL Server 2005 exams as you can.
> --
> Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x5, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
> * always open to after-hours telecommute (second job) positions.
> * developing personal computer software since before the PC.
>

> "JFoushee" wrote:
> > Hi, does anyone have info on how to qualify for the SQL 2008 beta-exam?

> > I figured it's best to ask as early as possible.- Hide quoted text -

JFoushee

Thanks for your information, everyone!

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Adding to what Larry has written.
>
> Microsoft says that they announce beta invitations via MCP Flash.
> However, I recently searched past MCP Flashes back to April 2007 and
> found only one mention of beta tests - one MCP Flash stated the Server
> 2008 upgrade exams would be available at TechEd 2007 (and they were)
> but beyond that there were no invitations.
>
> Trika's blog mentions an announcement via an online meeting Dec 12
> where information on SQL Server 2008 certifications will be shared.
> You can probably ask specifically how they plan on doing beta exams if
> you attend one of the two meetings.
> December 12, 2007, at 7:30 A.M. Pacific Time:
> http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/Ev...&Culture=en-US
> December 12, 2007, at 5:00 P.M. Pacific Time:
> http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/Ev...&Culture=en-US
>
> HTH,
>
> Darril Gibson
> MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
> Mcitpsuccess.com
> Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
> Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)
>
> On Nov 5, 10:37 am, LarryWestMCSD <LarryWest-at-hotmail-dot-com>
> wrote:
>> You need to do two things:
>> 1. Sign up for the MCP flash.
>> 2. Regularly monitor blogs.msdn.com/trika. Occasionally beta
>> notifications
>> are posted there.
>> Most of the time, betas are offered to people who have passed the
>> previous
>> exams, so be sure you pass as many of the SQL Server 2005 exams as you
>> can.
>> --
>> Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x5, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
>> * always open to after-hours telecommute (second job) positions.
>> * developing personal computer software since before the PC.
>>

>> "JFoushee" wrote:
>> > Hi, does anyone have info on how to qualify for the SQL 2008 beta-exam?

>> > I figured it's best to ask as early as possible.- Hide quoted text -

Darrilgibson@gmail.com

It's beginning to look like it'll be a long time for the SQL Server
2008 certifications.

Microsoft originally scheduled a Live Meeting for November 14th,
2007.
It was rescheduled for December 12th.
The December 12th meeting was rescheduled for Feb 6th 2008.

In the email that Microsoft sent to me letting me know of the
cancelled meeting, they including links on the SQL Server 2005
certifications.

Review the upgrade path from MCDBA to SQL Server 2005 at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...e/default.mspx

Consider earning the MCTS: SQL Server 2005 certification in one exam
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...l/default.mspx

Review requirements for SQL Server 2005 MCITP certifications
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...n/default.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...v/default.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...d/default.mspx

Darril Gibson
MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
http://mcitpsuccess.com
Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)