Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > 71-621 Beta

71-621 Beta

Barbara

Ok, I feel silly...sort of... My results are there... and I passed. BUT, I
took 622. Does that still count for the full cert, or do I have to take
another test?

The website ---http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-622.mspx

Says "Credit toward certification
When you pass Exam 70-622 Pro: Microsoft Desktop Support - ENTERPRISE, you
complete the requirements for the following certification:

.. Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Support Technician"

But this other
site --http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/entsupport/default.mspx

says -- "Required exams for MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician (One exam
plus MCTS prerequisite)"

On my transcript shows 622 under exams completed successfully, but under
certification status, it's just my MCP and my MCDST.

HELP !

Thanks
Barbara

"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> As an update to this conversation, go check yours now... Mine says I
> passed 71-621.

> "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well what do you know?!? I did not know there *was* a Pearson/VUE or
>> Prometric transcript! I just checked mine and sure enough, there are all
>> my exams I have taken with a passing status. Thanks brother.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Michael D. Alligood
>> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
>> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
>> CIW Certified Instructor
>>
>> The Classroom Blog
>>
>> CertGuard Member
>> The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
>> www.CertGuard.com
>>

>> "Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> HI Michael,
>>>
>>> You are right - your MCP Transcript will not show it if you fail, but
>>> depending on if you took it at Pearson/Vue or Prometric that transcript
>>> should show if you failed it.

>>> --
>>> Montreal MCT
>>> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
>>> Visit my blog at
>>> http://dnn.mitpro.ca/mitpro/Blogs/ta...2/Default.aspx
>>>
>>> "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Montreal MCT

Hi Barbara,

If you are an MCDST on Windows XP and pass 70-621 then you will
automatically qualify for the MCITP Enterprise Support certification. If
you go the other route and pass 70-622, you must also pass 70-620 in order
to earn it. So you and I are in the same boat... 70-622 was a throwaway for
us. Congrats!

An interesting note: Although the MCITP qualification has not appeared on my
MCP transcript (the exam 70-621 has) I just noticed that the MCITP:
Enterprise Support Technician cert has disappeared from my Certification
Planner. MCITP: Consumer Support Technician is still there, but that's
because I am still waiting for the results of 70-623.

"Barbara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok, I feel silly...sort of... My results are there... and I passed. BUT, I
> took 622. Does that still count for the full cert, or do I have to take
> another test?
>
> The website ---http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-622.mspx
>
> Says "Credit toward certification
> When you pass Exam 70-622 Pro: Microsoft Desktop Support - ENTERPRISE, you
> complete the requirements for the following certification:
>
> . Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Support Technician"
>
> But this other
> site --http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/entsupport/default.mspx
>
> says -- "Required exams for MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician (One exam
> plus MCTS prerequisite)"
>
> On my transcript shows 622 under exams completed successfully, but under
> certification status, it's just my MCP and my MCDST.
>
> HELP !
>
> Thanks
> Barbara
>
> "Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> As an update to this conversation, go check yours now... Mine says I
>> passed 71-621.

>> "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Well what do you know?!? I did not know there *was* a Pearson/VUE or
>>> Prometric transcript! I just checked mine and sure enough, there are all
>>> my exams I have taken with a passing status. Thanks brother.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Michael D. Alligood
>>> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
>>> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
>>> CIW Certified Instructor
>>>
>>> The Classroom Blog
>>>
>>> CertGuard Member
>>> The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
>>> www.CertGuard.com
>>>

>>> "Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

pHennyWise

Yup, same here.

The exam (70-621) is listed but the Certification "MCITP: Enterprise Support
Technician" is not. Maybe it will appear with the exam 70-621 going live.

Don't know about Certification Planner, never use it, I know where to go.

Although I 'agree' with Barbara, the line "Required exams for MCITP:
Enterprise Support Technician (One exam plus MCTS prerequisite)" is very
confusing and I would not have noticed it if she did not mentioned it.

Regards,
HL