Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > My Apologies

My Apologies

Michael D. Alligood

I want to apologize to all of you for my behavior in dealing with Lasher
"TurkReno" in my post "MCP Secure Newsgroup". I let things get out of
control on my end, and it was unprofessional. I participate in these
newsgroups to make a positive difference, help others with their
problems, and to provide advice and support with individuals looking to
achieve certification status. I am not here to get involved in a pseudo
flaming war with trolls. I like to think that we are all professionals
here; colleagues if you will. Again, I apologize for wasting your
bandwidth and time by continuing to participate in a conversation that
had troll like features and that was totally unprofessional.

I posted a problem/solution post on the thread. As of right now, I
consider the "MCP Secure Newsgroup" thread closed. I have "sailed all my
ships" in every direction concerning this issue. Now I will wait for an
appropriate respond/solution. Hopefully my peeps in Redmond will have a
solution to this issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

TurkReno

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I want to apologize to all of you for my behavior in dealing with
> Lasher "TurkReno" in my post "MCP Secure Newsgroup". I let things get
> out of control on my end, and it was unprofessional. I participate in
> these newsgroups to make a positive difference, help others with their
> problems, and to provide advice and support with individuals looking
> to achieve certification status. I am not here to get involved in a
> pseudo flaming war with trolls. I like to think that we are all
> professionals here; colleagues if you will. Again, I apologize for
> wasting your bandwidth and time by continuing to participate in a
> conversation that had troll like features and that was totally
> unprofessional.
>
> I posted a problem/solution post on the thread. As of right now, I
> consider the "MCP Secure Newsgroup" thread closed. I have "sailed all
> my ships" in every direction concerning this issue. Now I will wait
> for an appropriate respond/solution. Hopefully my peeps in Redmond
> will have a solution to this issue.
>
> Thank you for your understanding.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor

Michael,

First, don't call me a troll. Being a professional, that was the last
thing you should have said. Trolls are a much different type of person.
I was just having a bit of fun. If you think I'm a troll, go read the
past before you showed up and see just how much I actually helped. Its
probably going to be as frequent as you do today.

Second, I posted an honest reply as to what I discovered on my own
attempt to access the MCP Secure NewsGroups. Like I said, you can
either figure it out on your own, which I had no patience to do last
night, or call/e-mail the MCP Help Center/your Redmond contacts because
it seems that the Secure NewsGroups are secure to the point that even
searching the information as to what to do is not there.

Third, the instruction set/url that you provided me with has no
information as to how to connect via NNTP Client other than their secure
website. Therefore, that is why I explained that you *could* be
bypassing levels of security that you might not be allowed to
bypass...but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to since you have MCP
status.

Finally, do not make unresearched assumptions about groups or people.
Just because the cover of a book says one thing doesn't mean that they
are exactly what they say they are. Covers are just ment to be an
introduction. What you decide to do now is your decision.

--
Lasher
MCNGP #50

TurkReno

"Frisbee®" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:ONZIOhYOHHA.420
@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:

> Hoping to add "MVP" to that impressive list of certs, are we?

Brendan Fraser on crack, that's all I have to say.

--
Lasher
MCNGP #50

My apologies simplibizgmj HTML 2 02-28-2006 11:57 AM
Something amusing (origin unknown, apologies to the author ;-) ) slumpy Computer Support 2 08-20-2003 11:35 PM
Apologies Ron Williams MCSE 1 08-13-2003 02:46 PM
Start up applications - apologies for asking again!! Bob Computer Support 4 07-06-2003 05:11 AM
Re: apologies wrong address for last post Pascal Chevrel Firefox 2 06-29-2003 10:46 AM

Advertisments