Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > OT: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

OT: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

TurkReno

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Problem:
> Access the secure MCP newsgroup thru a newsreader. Web based
> access is
> fine, but lame.
> The directions located on
> https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/commun...ewsgroups.mspx are of no
> use. The website listed in step 1 does not go to the site
> needed to input the Site Authorization Code. I believe I located the
> correct website for the Site Authorization thru another
> newsgroup. The site listed there was
> https://members.microsoft.com/Commun...n/default.aspx.
> When the Site Authorization code is entered, you receive a
> "Access Denied" message.
>
> Solutions:
> None as of yet. I have obviously posted help in 4 newsgroups, and
> have just sent an email to my contacts in Redmond to see if they are
> aware of this, provide a solution, or forward my request to
> the proper person.
>
> That is all I have.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor

Your solution is quite simple. Find out what the internal Microsoft MCP
Private NewsGroup, configure your password, and then log-in via
something like XNews. I'm using XNews right now as far as just in
general however, but I can create more server connections as needed.

For instance, we are talking on news.microsoft.com, as a server. You
will need to have the *.*.com, or the IP Address. That wildcard
represents everything that would be in-between the two. That is the
server that this NNTP client would connect to. Knowing Cisco, you
should be able to extract your connections if you ping the right
place...but you would be hacking into Microsoft at that point unless the
MCP Support Line will give you that information. You may need to
validate yourself in a different way to get an NNTP Client, even OE, to
work. Their website shows no information as to what this server is,
therefore I think that posting it would be as serious as breaking the
NDA. Call Microsoft and see what they say. It will be interesting, as
will I. But realize, they will consider that something that you'd have
to watch for and you'd be on their turf at that point since you'd
technically bypassed a route of security.

This is my point. No where does it say that there is a way to connect
via NNTP Client when you do a general search. This shouldn't be
information that should be hard to find for people who are MCP's,
therefore I too will complain on Monday and see how far it gets me.

--
Lasher
MCNGP #50

Mark Hatfield

I reserve the right to say I told you so.

Mark

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23Ts$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What the hell do you mean configure a newsletter?
>> I'm talking about a secure NEWSGROUP too!

> I have no idea what you are talking about anymore! Here are a couple
> links that may be of service for you!!! LOL
>
> http://www.pearlevision.com/
> http://www.researchpsychiatriccenter.com/
>
> And Mark, not to worry. This is all fun.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor
>

> "TurkReno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>> "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > NEWSGROUP DUDE!!!! Not NEWSLETTER... Time to change the prescription on
>> > your glasses! Think before you speak.

>> The eye clinic has yet to call me back. Sorry that I can't just
>> magically
>> make them appear but I'm just as ****ed off as you are waiting on them.
>> I'm talking about a secure NEWSGROUP too! READ, take 5 seconds and let
>> it
>> all sit in, and then type a response next time.
>>
>> --
>> Lasher
>> MCNGP #50
>> www.mcngp.com > all
>> MCNGP: Leading the world to better training, better computer skills,
>> and taking out the lowdes of the world with fervor beyond anyone's
>> belief.
>> www.turkreno.com/forum/

Consultant

maybe she is in season

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
> learn EVERYTHING and you will never know more than EVERYBODY else. To ask
> a question is power whereas not having the desire to ask it is apathy.
> When you know the answer to your question, that gives you the ability to
> ask the next question. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE QUESTIONS TO ASK no matter how
> many certifications you have behind your name. Even if that name is
> "Lasher" So grow up a little for all of us. I'm sure everyone here would
> agree with me. And if you're just kidding around, give it up. it's not
> indefinitely funny.
>
> Keith
>
> "TurkReno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> Because I was stupid enough to let it happen. And he does not know
>>> when to stop.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Michael D. Alligood
>>> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
>>> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
>>> CIW Certified Instructor
>>>

>> AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA. You don't ask dumb question. If the instructions
>> are wrong, then you should find out yourself how to fix it since you
>> hold your certifications so close to you to make you feel so "secure".
>> Really, there's a way to do it, but asking in the MCDST forum is sort of
>> silly. There is no such thing as "secure" when it comes to the
>> Internet. Remember that...you should already know that....being all
>> security certified and all..... Everything can be found and everything
>> can be lost. Configuring a UseNet client with all of your
>> certifications, especially in Cisco of all things, shouldn't be hard for
>> you to do.
>>
>> EITHER WAY (Emphasis placed here): You really should just post the link
>> as to where you got this information on configuring your newsreader to
>> access the MCP Member Site. I'll attempt it on my end and then I'll let
>> you know what is wrong or if there is a problem. Either way, it
>> shouldn't be hard to do. I'll stop being an a$$ for about two more
>> seconds and let you post this link, I'll test it, and see what comes of
>> it. You have my help for that long. First off, what newsreader are you
>> using to view the UseNet? If it is Outlook Explorer or Outlook in
>> general, lets work from there.
>>
>> --
>> Lasher
>> MCNGP #50
>> www.mcngp.com > all
>> MCNGP: Leading the world to better training, better computer skills,
>> and taking out the lowdes of the world with fervor beyond anyone's
>> belief.
>> www.turkreno.com/forum/
>>

>>> "Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

TurkReno

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> NEWSGROUP DUDE!!!! Not NEWSLETTER... Time to change the prescription
> on your glasses! Think before you speak.

I got my glasses in, btw....but that doesn't touch the fact that you
still have a doppleganger of you somewhere. I won't say who, but I'm
sure you know. As far as getting into the sekrit MS site via NNTP
client, not gonna happen.

Michael D. Alligood

For those still interested, Trika and I have been in contact with Ken
Rosen. Here is his response:

I don't know, but I've been receiving a lot of escalations in the last
48 hours on a similar issue from MCTs (unable to reset their NNTP
password using the instructions on the same page). I've escalated and am
awaiting a response from mscom.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

> "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > NEWSGROUP DUDE!!!! Not NEWSLETTER... Time to change the prescription
> > on your glasses! Think before you speak.
> >
> > --
> > Michael D. Alligood
> > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> > CIW Certified Instructor

> I got my glasses in, btw....but that doesn't touch the fact that you
> still have a doppleganger of you somewhere. I won't say who, but I'm
> sure you know. As far as getting into the sekrit MS site via NNTP
> client, not gonna happen.

TurkReno

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> For those still interested, Trika and I have been in contact with Ken
> Rosen. Here is his response:
>
> I don't know, but I've been receiving a lot of escalations in the last
> 48 hours on a similar issue from MCTs (unable to reset their NNTP
> password using the instructions on the same page). I've escalated and
> am awaiting a response from mscom.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood

I still exist and you can address me directly. You're going to get a
special surprise from me.

MCP - timeframe for MCP ID Paul MCDST 1 02-11-2008 04:25 PM
what is the process to get MCP certificate and MCP Id zigzag MCAD 2 02-02-2004 03:58 PM

Advertisments