Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > OT: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

OT: MCP Secure Newsgroup.

Michael D. Alligood

Does anyone out there have the configuration settings to use NNTP for
the MCP secure newsgroup? The web interface sucks. I have tried to
follow the instructions on the MCP secure site page, but they are
useless.

Thanks.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

Jonathan Roberts

Michael D. Alligood wrote:
> Does anyone out there have the configuration settings to use NNTP for
> the MCP secure newsgroup? The web interface sucks. I have tried to
> follow the instructions on the MCP secure site page, but they are useless.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor

Is there any point? These groups seem deader than dead! Not the answer
you need, I know... I cannot get past the create nntp account screen.
It keeps saying error.

Michael D. Alligood

True. They are pretty dead. I think this NNTP issue has a lot to do with
it. People hate web interfaces. I was hoping, with a little help from my
certified friends, that we could resurrect it!

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"Jonathan Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Michael D. Alligood wrote:
> > Does anyone out there have the configuration settings to use NNTP for
> > the MCP secure newsgroup? The web interface sucks. I have tried to
> > follow the instructions on the MCP secure site page, but they are useless.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Michael D. Alligood
> > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> > CIW Certified Instructor
> >

> Is there any point? These groups seem deader than dead! Not the answer
> you need, I know... I cannot get past the create nntp account screen.
> It keeps saying error.

Mark Hatfield

Michael,

I use Outlook Express 6 as my news reader.

The Server Name is [msnews.microsoft.com]. It does not require
authentication. Use the default setting for everything else. It should
take you about 30 seconds to setup Outlook Express.

I am not sure what you mean by "secure" newsgroups. Are there "secure"
newsgroups and "non-secure" newsgroups?

Mark

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone out there have the configuration settings to use NNTP for the
> MCP secure newsgroup? The web interface sucks. I have tried to follow the
> instructions on the MCP secure site page, but they are useless.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor

TurkReno

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> True. They are pretty dead. I think this NNTP issue has a lot to do with
> it. People hate web interfaces. I was hoping, with a little help from my
> certified friends, that we could resurrect it!

Use a secure newsclient and proxy yourself in.

--
Lasher
MCNGP #50

Keith Chilton

why is there a need for newsgroup security?

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone out there have the configuration settings to use NNTP for the
> MCP secure newsgroup? The web interface sucks. I have tried to follow the
> instructions on the MCP secure site page, but they are useless.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
> CIW Certified Instructor

Jonathan Roberts

Mark Hatfield wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I use Outlook Express 6 as my news reader.
>
> The Server Name is [msnews.microsoft.com]. It does not require
> authentication. Use the default setting for everything else. It should
> take you about 30 seconds to setup Outlook Express.
>
> I am not sure what you mean by "secure" newsgroups. Are there "secure"
> newsgroups and "non-secure" newsgroups?
>
> Mark

I believe Michael is referring to the private MCP newsgroups. They
require authentication... I think secure=private in this case.

Jonathan Roberts

Mark Hatfield wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I use Outlook Express 6 as my news reader.
>
> The Server Name is [msnews.microsoft.com]. It does not require
> authentication. Use the default setting for everything else. It should
> take you about 30 seconds to setup Outlook Express.
>
> I am not sure what you mean by "secure" newsgroups. Are there "secure"
> newsgroups and "non-secure" newsgroups?
>
> Mark

I believe Michael is referring to the private MCP newsgroups. They
require authentication... I think secure=private in this case.

Michael D. Alligood

You insight is as clear as a Florida sunny day! Care to give a
little more instruction for those not blessed with your gift of
intellect? Hey! Is that considered a flame?!?

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

"TurkReno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > True. They are pretty dead. I think this NNTP issue has a lot to do with
> > it. People hate web interfaces. I was hoping, with a little help from my
> > certified friends, that we could resurrect it!
> >

> Use a secure newsclient and proxy yourself in.
>
> --
> Lasher
> MCNGP #50
> www.mcngp.com > all
> MCNGP: Leading the world to better training, better computer skills,
> and taking out the lowdes of the world with fervor beyond anyone's belief.

Michael D. Alligood

It is a secure newsgroup, if you can call it that now, that is design to
benefit MCPs (Microsoft Certified Professionals). Consider it a tier 2
technical support line. However, not many individuals are using it for
whatever reason. I was hoping to inject some live into.

--
Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

news:(E-Mail Removed):

MCP - timeframe for MCP ID Paul MCDST 1 02-11-2008 04:25 PM
what is the process to get MCP certificate and MCP Id zigzag MCAD 2 02-02-2004 03:58 PM

Advertisments