Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > MCSE NT4 to Windows 2008 MCITP path

MCSE NT4 to Windows 2008 MCITP path

Jeff

Hi All,

I'm certified MCSE NT4 and also MCP (Server Admin) 2000, anyone can advice
shell I go directly to MCITP 2008 certification or shell I obtain MSCE
Windows 2003 first then go for MCITP ? thanks.

Harvey Colwell

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> I'm certified MCSE NT4 and also MCP (Server Admin) 2000, anyone can advice
> shell I go directly to MCITP 2008 certification or shell I obtain MSCE
> Windows 2003 first then go for MCITP ? thanks.

I always recommend keeping your certifications up-to-date. But since Windows
Server 2008 has been out for over a year, I would bypass Windows 2003. The
only exception would be if you haven't worked with Windows Server 2003 much
over the last six years, and you think that you will need to support it in
the future.

samcc1 samcc1 is offline
Junior Member

I completed the MCITP Enterprise Administrator in June 2009 and like you I had an outdated MCSE in NT4.

What I have seen so far is that a lot of employers are not aware of the MCITP certification and are still looking for the MCSE 2003. So.. if time permits, you may want to consider both.. or hope the MCITP is more recognized.

MCITP: EA and MCITP: SA Polo MCITP 2 07-31-2009 04:46 AM
MCSE 2003 w/Exchange or MCITP 2008 w/Exchange Juan MCITP 3 06-19-2009 07:29 PM
MCITP: Database Developer and MCITP: Database Administrator Robert MCITP 7 12-20-2008 08:59 AM
As an MCSE NT4, and MCP 2003 working toward MCSE: Security 2003 - why MCDST? Ryan Webb MCDST 2 09-03-2004 12:16 AM

Advertisments