Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > Evolution after MCTS

Evolution after MCTS

maggotbrain

Hi all,

I'm a bit new here on these forums, and I'm sure that you guys can help me
with some questions I have about the dotnet certifications.
At the moment I have an MCTS in
..Net Framework 2.0: Windows Applications and
..Net Framework 2.0: Web Applications (just got it 2 days ago)

Now I thought that there was a next step, like MCAD, certified application
developer, but it seems that this type is for the 1.1 framework.
I would want to evolve to a higher level of course, but I can't really find
if that is possible. I've done the following exams:

528 TS: Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0 - Web-based Client
Development
536 TS: Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0 - Application Development
Foundation
526 TS: Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0 - Windows®-based Client
Development

Are there any higher level dotnet exams, or good architect exams?
Can anybody put me on the way?

Tnx!

Greetz,

Koen

Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)

"maggotbrain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a bit new here on these forums, and I'm sure that you guys can help me
> with some questions I have about the dotnet certifications.
> At the moment I have an MCTS in
> .Net Framework 2.0: Windows Applications and
> .Net Framework 2.0: Web Applications (just got it 2 days ago)
>
> Now I thought that there was a next step, like MCAD, certified application
> developer, but it seems that this type is for the 1.1 framework.

The "next step" in the .NET Framework v2.0 realm is the MCPD (Microsoft
Certified Professional Developer).
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpd/default.mspx

Having completed the -536, -526, and -528, you have three different pathways
to go:

MCPD: Windows Developer by taking exam -548

MCPD: Web Developer by taking exam -547

or
MCPD: Enterprise Applications Developer by taking exams -529 and -549

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

maggotbrain

great thanks for this extremely clear answer

greetz,

Koen