Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > Getting ready to take 70-620

Getting ready to take 70-620

Steve Davis

So I got my MCP by passing the 70-282 about 3 weeks ago and next week I'm
taking the 70-620 for my MCTS. I'm averaging about 85-95% every practice
test. My training of choice was the Microsoft Press Configuring Windows
Vista Client which I found to be a great resource. Also I've had about a
year and a half experience with Vista (its definitely become my favorite
OS). The Measure Up practice tests are pretty cool with a few minor
exceptions. I found a couple of the questions to be incorrect, but oh well.
Only found like 2 out of 300 that were incorrect.

Anyway I just wanted to say hi to everybody as I'm new to the Microsoft
Communities. I've been in telecom and IT for about ten years and just
recently became interested in certifications and now find it addicting.

On another note...does anyone find the Vista-Bashing Apple commercials
irritating? Vista might have a bad name but its a great product.

Steve Davis

Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)

"Steve Davis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On another note...does anyone find the Vista-Bashing Apple commercials
> irritating?

Actually, no.

Truth is, as usual, Microsoft thought Vista's issue was "bad marketing" or
"not enough marketing", so they're throwing money at it.

What's especially notable is that they did this in the fact of planning the
announcement for Windows 7 only weeks after making the decision to "throw
money" at Vista marketing.

If there's one thing I know about the fickle software buying community is
that the announcement of Windows 7 just killed any future sales of Vista!

Steve Davis

I tend to agree with Microsoft on this. Vista has a bad reputation from its
early days. Many people I know had been unaware that Vista issues had been
resolved and it has become a stable and very cool OS. The problem I have
with the Apple commercial is that they are trying to create the impression
that Microsoft would rather spend money on marketing to create a false image
of Vista being stable than actually correcting the Vista issues when in
fact, Microsoft has already spent the time and money stabilizing Vista and
now they are spending money on marketing

Steve Davis

"Lawrence Garvin (MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Steve Davis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> On another note...does anyone find the Vista-Bashing Apple commercials
>> irritating?

> Actually, no.
>
> Truth is, as usual, Microsoft thought Vista's issue was "bad marketing" or
> "not enough marketing", so they're throwing money at it.
>
> What's especially notable is that they did this in the fact of planning
> the announcement for Windows 7 only weeks after making the decision to
> "throw money" at Vista marketing.
>
> If there's one thing I know about the fickle software buying community is
> that the announcement of Windows 7 just killed any future sales of Vista!

70-536 --> Ready to take the test? Martin Eckart Microsoft Certification 9 11-01-2006 02:32 PM
Is JSF ready to take on ASP.NET? Patrick.O.Ige ASP .Net 1 02-20-2006 04:25 PM
When was you ready to take the exam? George MCAD 3 05-22-2005 01:54 PM
ready to take exam 70-290? TD MCSE 1 03-01-2004 05:37 PM
Getting ready to take 70-218, what can I expect? Jeff Rush MCSE 4 11-07-2003 03:43 PM

Advertisments