Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > 70-620 test tips

70-620 test tips

Kirby Timm

I know other's have posted on this topic, but asside from the suggestion to
"read, read, and then read some more" I've not seen anything about the
topic. So to those of you that have taken the 70-620 recently, what would
you suggest I be ready for? Will the test just be multiple choice? Will
there be simulations? Will the test really take 4 hours? Is it really 64
questions?

Thanks all in advance.

Kirby

Kirby Timm

I passsed! WOOT! I was worried. Right off the bat they threw a question
at me that I had NO idea what the answer was, but I managed to recover and
I'm now happily a MCTS.

"Kirby Timm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I know other's have posted on this topic, but asside from the suggestion to
>"read, read, and then read some more" I've not seen anything about the
>topic. So to those of you that have taken the 70-620 recently, what would
>you suggest I be ready for? Will the test just be multiple choice? Will
>there be simulations? Will the test really take 4 hours? Is it really 64
>questions?
>
> Thanks all in advance.
>
> Kirby

Spaceman

Congrats Kirby Timm, MCTS (Vista)

--
James M Driscoll Jr
MCTS (Vista)

Kirby Timm wrote:
> I passsed! WOOT! I was worried. Right off the bat they threw a
> question at me that I had NO idea what the answer was, but I managed
> to recover and I'm now happily a MCTS.
>

> "Kirby Timm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I know other's have posted on this topic, but asside from the
>> suggestion to "read, read, and then read some more" I've not seen
>> anything about the topic. So to those of you that have taken the
>> 70-620 recently, what would you suggest I be ready for? Will the
>> test just be multiple choice? Will there be simulations? Will the
>> test really take 4 hours? Is it really 64 questions?
>>
>> Thanks all in advance.
>>
>> Kirby

Michael Gossett

Congrats...

"Spaceman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Congrats Kirby Timm, MCTS (Vista)
>

> --
> James M Driscoll Jr
> MCTS (Vista)
> Spaceman
>

> Kirby Timm wrote:
>> I passsed! WOOT! I was worried. Right off the bat they threw a
>> question at me that I had NO idea what the answer was, but I managed
>> to recover and I'm now happily a MCTS.
>>

>> "Kirby Timm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I know other's have posted on this topic, but asside from the
>>> suggestion to "read, read, and then read some more" I've not seen
>>> anything about the topic. So to those of you that have taken the
>>> 70-620 recently, what would you suggest I be ready for? Will the
>>> test just be multiple choice? Will there be simulations? Will the
>>> test really take 4 hours? Is it really 64 questions?
>>>
>>> Thanks all in advance.
>>>
>>> Kirby

Bailey Wong

Hi

I plan on taking the exam soon

Approx how many questions is in the exam or it changes all the time?

thanks

"Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23Y6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Congrats...
>

> "Spaceman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Congrats Kirby Timm, MCTS (Vista)
>>

>> --
>> James M Driscoll Jr
>> MCTS (Vista)
>> Spaceman
>>

>> Kirby Timm wrote:
>>> I passsed! WOOT! I was worried. Right off the bat they threw a
>>> question at me that I had NO idea what the answer was, but I managed
>>> to recover and I'm now happily a MCTS.
>>>

>>> "Kirby Timm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Kirby Timm

> Approx how many questions is in the exam or it changes all the time?

As you have to sign a non-disclosure aggrement before you can take the test,
I don't believe we are allowed to say how many questions are on the test.
Sorry.

Marc

"Kirby Timm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> Right off the bat they threw a question at me that I had NO idea what the
> answer was

Can you tell us what book/material you used to study for the exam, and if
there were some things in the exam not covered by the material in the book.
Some things we should focus on learning from the MSDN knowledge base?

Kirby Timm

I used the Microsoft Press Book from Amazon for the 70-620 test. I think
that it's worth the $35 for it. If you study the book and do the end of
chapter tests in the book, you should pass the test with no problems. Now I
did take the 5115 and 5116 classes that are supposed to give information to
pass the tests, so I can't say 100% that the book was my end all be all for
studying. However, I don't think that I would have passed the test with out
the book. I don't know for sure if I could have passed the test with just
the book. All in all I thought that the book did a good job of preping for
the exam. Asside from the book, make sure that you've got some Vista time
under your belt (meaning just using the OS) so that you know where to go to
get to certan items.

Good luck!

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...