Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > minimum graphic memory requirements to run aero

minimum graphic memory requirements to run aero

indic

Please ca some one tell me the exact minimum graphic ram requirements to
run aero ?
i'm getting confuse, by the MS Press book, between the numbers 128Mb and
64Mb.
thanks

John R

"indic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please ca some one tell me the exact minimum graphic ram requirements to
> run aero ?
> i'm getting confuse, by the MS Press book, between the numbers 128Mb and
> 64Mb.
> thanks

You need the following....

DirectX 9
A WDDM Driver
Hardware Pixel Shader 2.0 support
32 bit color
64MB memory

John R

John R

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "indic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Please ca some one tell me the exact minimum graphic ram requirements to
>> run aero ?
>> i'm getting confuse, by the MS Press book, between the numbers 128Mb and
>> 64Mb.
>> thanks

> You need the following....
>
> DirectX 9
> A WDDM Driver
> Hardware Pixel Shader 2.0 support
> 32 bit color
> 64MB memory
>
> John R

This is from a wiki article...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Aero

Note that though Microsoft has listed 128 MB of Video RAM as a requirement
for "Premium Ready" PCs, it does not mean a 128 MB integrated graphics
processor is required to run the Aero glass theme. A 64 MB integrated
graphics processor, combined with at least 1 GB of system memory, will be
able to run Aero at certain resolutions. However, a Vista-specific WDDM
driver for any given graphics processor is also required to run the Aero
glass theme; these drivers may or may not be available. Users who believe
their hardware meets Aero's minimum graphics requirements are encouraged to
check their graphics processor manufacturer's website for a Vista-specific
driver if they are unable to run the theme.

John R