Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > MCTS: Windows Vista Configuration

MCTS: Windows Vista Configuration

Pete Jones MCSE:Security

Why did they make this a required part of the MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
when it is not necessary?

If you have MCSE 2003, and upgrade with the 70-649, then you can do the 646
to qualify as a 2008 Server Administrator.

So I would expect the 647 Enterprise Administrator exam to be largely
concerned with clustering, load balancing, and other Enterprise level
questions. Maybe a few regular ones if people don't do 646 and go straight
for this.

If I am correct, why then is the 640/624 part compulsory on the Enterprise
track only? The client part should be irrelevant to both, or necessary to
both. And since most people who have MCSE and MCSA already have done the XP
or 2000 client exam, aren't they just as valid? If not the 2000 one, then at
least the XP one should count as the client exam.

Dude

How relevant are the MCSA and MCSE certifications? When I got my new MCITP
Geek card, it didn't even mention that I was MCP, MCSA, MCSA/Messaging and
MCSE certified. Microsoft is trying to do away with those. I heard that
Microsoft was sued over using the word 'Engineer' for certifications in some
countries like England. The 'New Generation' of MCTS and MCITP
certifications seem kind of vague to me. You're still an MCTS if you are
Vista certified or SQL server certified for example. I think lots of people
will confuse MCITP with MCP too.