Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > MCTS 70-536 BOOK: Any alternative to the one from Microsoft Press

MCTS 70-536 BOOK: Any alternative to the one from Microsoft Press

zoldello@gmail.com

I am preparing to take the MCTS 70-536 exam. I hate the MCTS Self-
Paced Training Kit from Microsoft and I need an alternative. Does
anyone know of any other book I can use?

Green

gravz84

On Apr 19, 1:04*am, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am preparing to take the MCTS 70-536 exam. I hate the MCTS Self-
> Paced Training Kit from Microsoft *and I need an alternative. Does
> anyone know of any other book I can use?
>
> Green

Well the best alternative is the msdn website. Prepare a list of all
the objectives for the exam and look them up in msdn. Every question
is answerable through there.
here's one that is very useful: http://www.cygen.com/msexams/msdnsg70-536.aspx
the same stuff is in the book but in an organized manner.

Marc

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>I am preparing to take the MCTS 70-536 exam. I hate the MCTS Self-
> Paced Training Kit from Microsoft and I need an alternative. Does
> anyone know of any other book I can use?

Not really for the exam, but I think you're right and these books are
written as a dull collection of facts. I do 70-528, and as a nice genreal
book besides the Self-Paced kit I use 'Programming MicroSoft.NET' from Jeff
Prosise as an introduction to .NET programming. It is mostly about ASP.NET,
but for a third also about WinForms Programming.

Marc Wentink