Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > Passed MCTS 70-620!!

Passed MCTS 70-620!!

Dustin Harper

I passed the MCTS for 70-620 today! YAY!

Some advice: yes, it's easy. But, a lot of the questions were kind of really
specific. You had to know what the exact wording is on a certain item in a
menu. But, all the exam objectives from the Microsoft site were exactly what
I was tested on. Nothing more and nothing less. Most of what I needed on the
exam was learned by hands on. I did a Sybex book, but it was for the 70-623
exam. So, I'm ready for that one, and it did cover a lot of the objectives
for the 620. But, nothing prepared me more than the hands on.

Now, I'm studying and preparing for the 70-623.

--
Dustin Harper
http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page

X-DraGoN

I just took a test, in preparation for the 70-620 exam and scored 75% (42
out of 56 questions) and it tells me I failed!
I thought I needed to obtain 70% to pass the test, not 80% (as mentioned in
the practice exam)

Can anyone shed some light on the fact?
Kind Regards
"Brian D. McCarthy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Congratulations!!!
>
> I did the 620 in January (930) and the 623 a week ago (925).
>
> I couldn't agree with you more about the hands-on.
>
> I used the MS Press Books to study for both exams and the MeasureUp
> practice quizzes. Of the 54 questions on my exam (I realize it's different
> for everyone), AT LEAST 40 of them I had seen before.
>
> I found a LOT of crossover from the 620 to the 623.
>
> I'm sure you will have no trouble with the 623.
>
> "Dustin Harper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I passed the MCTS for 70-620 today! YAY!
>>
>> Some advice: yes, it's easy. But, a lot of the questions were kind of
>> really specific. You had to know what the exact wording is on a certain
>> item in a menu. But, all the exam objectives from the Microsoft site were
>> exactly what I was tested on. Nothing more and nothing less. Most of what
>> I needed on the exam was learned by hands on. I did a Sybex book, but it
>> was for the 70-623 exam. So, I'm ready for that one, and it did cover a
>> lot of the objectives for the 620. But, nothing prepared me more than the
>> hands on.
>>
>> Now, I'm studying and preparing for the 70-623.
>>
>> --
>> Dustin Harper
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page

Montreal MCT

The practice tests score harder than the actual exams... go take it

Mitch Garvis, MCT
(E-Mail Removed)
http://blog.mitchgarvis.com

"X-DraGoN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just took a test, in preparation for the 70-620 exam and scored 75% (42
> out of 56 questions) and it tells me I failed!
> I thought I needed to obtain 70% to pass the test, not 80% (as mentioned
> in
> the practice exam)
>
> Can anyone shed some light on the fact?
> Kind Regards
> "Brian D. McCarthy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Congratulations!!!
>>
>> I did the 620 in January (930) and the 623 a week ago (925).
>>
>> I couldn't agree with you more about the hands-on.
>>
>> I used the MS Press Books to study for both exams and the MeasureUp
>> practice quizzes. Of the 54 questions on my exam (I realize it's
>> different for everyone), AT LEAST 40 of them I had seen before.
>>
>> I found a LOT of crossover from the 620 to the 623.
>>
>> I'm sure you will have no trouble with the 623.
>>
>> "Dustin Harper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I passed the MCTS for 70-620 today! YAY!
>>>
>>> Some advice: yes, it's easy. But, a lot of the questions were kind of
>>> really specific. You had to know what the exact wording is on a certain
>>> item in a menu. But, all the exam objectives from the Microsoft site
>>> were exactly what I was tested on. Nothing more and nothing less. Most
>>> of what I needed on the exam was learned by hands on. I did a Sybex
>>> book, but it was for the 70-623 exam. So, I'm ready for that one, and it
>>> did cover a lot of the objectives for the 620. But, nothing prepared me
>>> more than the hands on.
>>>
>>> Now, I'm studying and preparing for the 70-623.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dustin Harper
>>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>> http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page

Dude

I passed 70-620 too. I think this exam was way easier than 70-210 Windows
2000 Pro.

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> I passed the MCTS for 70-620 today! YAY!
>
> Some advice: yes, it's easy. But, a lot of the questions were kind of really
> specific. You had to know what the exact wording is on a certain item in a
> menu. But, all the exam objectives from the Microsoft site were exactly what
> I was tested on. Nothing more and nothing less. Most of what I needed on the
> exam was learned by hands on. I did a Sybex book, but it was for the 70-623
> exam. So, I'm ready for that one, and it did cover a lot of the objectives
> for the 620. But, nothing prepared me more than the hands on.
>
> Now, I'm studying and preparing for the 70-623.
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page

Dustin Harper

It was almost TOO easy. Of course, I don't want to get cocky and think I can
go into the next exam thinking they are all like this, so I'm going on it
was the test that was easy, not that I was very prepared!

--

Dustin Harper
(E-Mail Removed)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...