Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > 70-620 Exam

70-620 Exam

Phil Smith

Hi Anyone,

I'm gonna be taking the exam in the next couple of weeks and wondering if
anyone can give me any advice on how to prepare and basically what to expect
as this is the first time for doing a cert.

Basically i've read the book (MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit), completed the
practices and trying to find as many practice questions as possible..

Any advice would be most welcomed.

Cheers

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"Phil Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi Anyone,
>
> I'm gonna be taking the exam in the next couple of weeks and wondering if
> anyone can give me any advice on how to prepare and basically what to expect
> as this is the first time for doing a cert.
>
> Basically i've read the book (MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit), completed the
> practices and trying to find as many practice questions as possible..
>
> Any advice would be most welcomed.
>
> Cheers

How much experience do you have with Vista?
Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

Phil

I've been using it at work primarily where i am a systems administrator for
a university as well as using it at home to gain more experience.

"Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Phil Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Hi Anyone,
>>
>> I'm gonna be taking the exam in the next couple of weeks and wondering if
>> anyone can give me any advice on how to prepare and basically what to
>> expect
>> as this is the first time for doing a cert.
>>
>> Basically i've read the book (MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit), completed
>> the
>> practices and trying to find as many practice questions as possible..
>>
>> Any advice would be most welcomed.
>>
>> Cheers

> How much experience do you have with Vista?
> Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
> microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I've been using it at work primarily where i am a systems administrator for
> a university as well as using it at home to gain more experience.
>

> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Phil Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> >> Hi Anyone,
> >>
> >> I'm gonna be taking the exam in the next couple of weeks and wondering if
> >> anyone can give me any advice on how to prepare and basically what to
> >> expect
> >> as this is the first time for doing a cert.
> >>
> >> Basically i've read the book (MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit), completed
> >> the
> >> practices and trying to find as many practice questions as possible..
> >>
> >> Any advice would be most welcomed.
> >>
> >> Cheers

> > How much experience do you have with Vista?
> > --
> > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
> > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com/
> > Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
> > microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

Good job. At least you have worked with the operating system. More and
More people are taking certification exams that have 0 experience. I
would recommend that you take a look at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-620.mspx#EUF for the exam
objectives and go thru them one by one. Highlight your weaknesses and
work from there.

Good Luck.

Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

Jaco Niemand

Phil,

I have been for this exam a couple of months ago. It is a really easy one
compared to other Microsoft Exams.
VMWare is a good way of getting more experience with a product and playing
around with the settings, because if you have made a mistake you can just
reset the virtual machine.
Pay attention to the new feature in Vista, like "people near me", Defender,
etc.

Good luck

"Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I've been using it at work primarily where i am a systems administrator
>> for
>> a university as well as using it at home to gain more experience.
>>

>> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > "Phil Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> > How much experience do you have with Vista?
>> > --
>> > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
>> > The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
>> > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com/
>> > Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
>> > microsoft.public.certification.exam.security
>> >

> Good job. At least you have worked with the operating system. More and
> More people are taking certification exams that have 0 experience. I would
> recommend that you take a look at
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-620.mspx#EUF for the exam
> objectives and go thru them one by one. Highlight your weaknesses and work
> from there.
>
> Good Luck.

> Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
> microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

Garth

Having running a study group for 70-620, I would suggest using virtual
server or virtual PC. If it is possible I would also recommend using Vista
on your physical PC too.

The main reason for using VS or VPC is that there is a VHD that you can
download and use for 30 days at no cost.

"Jaco Niemand" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Phil,
>
> I have been for this exam a couple of months ago. It is a really easy one
> compared to other Microsoft Exams.
> VMWare is a good way of getting more experience with a product and playing
> around with the settings, because if you have made a mistake you can just
> reset the virtual machine.
> Pay attention to the new feature in Vista, like "people near me",
> Defender, etc.
>
> Good luck
>
> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> I've been using it at work primarily where i am a systems administrator
>>> for
>>> a university as well as using it at home to gain more experience.
>>>

>>> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>> in
>>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Good job. At least you have worked with the operating system. More and
>> More people are taking certification exams that have 0 experience. I
>> would recommend that you take a look at
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-620.mspx#EUF for the exam
>> objectives and go thru them one by one. Highlight your weaknesses and
>> work from there.
>>
>> Good Luck.
>>
>> --
>> Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
>> The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
>> CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com/
>> Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
>> microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

Phil Smith

Cheers for all the information guys.. I was just wondering are the questions
in the acutal exam similar to the MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit practice
questions?

I just don't know what i'm meant to expect..

Cheers,

Phil

"Garth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Having running a study group for 70-620, I would suggest using virtual
> server or virtual PC. If it is possible I would also recommend using Vista
> on your physical PC too.
>

> The main reason for using VS or VPC is that there is a VHD that you can
> download and use for 30 days at no cost.
>

> "Jaco Niemand" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Phil,
>>
>> I have been for this exam a couple of months ago. It is a really easy one
>> compared to other Microsoft Exams.
>> VMWare is a good way of getting more experience with a product and
>> playing around with the settings, because if you have made a mistake you
>> can just reset the virtual machine.
>> Pay attention to the new feature in Vista, like "people near me",
>> Defender, etc.
>>
>> Good luck
>>
>> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> Good job. At least you have worked with the operating system. More and
>>> More people are taking certification exams that have 0 experience. I
>>> would recommend that you take a look at
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-620.mspx#EUF for the exam
>>> objectives and go thru them one by one. Highlight your weaknesses and
>>> work from there.
>>>
>>> Good Luck.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
>>> The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
>>> CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com/
>>> Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
>>> microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

Garth

Yes, the question within the self-paced kit are similar to those on the
exam.

"Phil Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cheers for all the information guys.. I was just wondering are the
> questions in the acutal exam similar to the MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit
> practice questions?
>
> I just don't know what i'm meant to expect..
>
> Cheers,
>
> Phil
>
> "Garth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Having running a study group for 70-620, I would suggest using virtual
>> server or virtual PC. If it is possible I would also recommend using
>> Vista on your physical PC too.
>>

>> The main reason for using VS or VPC is that there is a VHD that you can
>> download and use for 30 days at no cost.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>>

>> "Jaco Niemand" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Phil,
>>>
>>> I have been for this exam a couple of months ago. It is a really easy
>>> one compared to other Microsoft Exams.
>>> VMWare is a good way of getting more experience with a product and
>>> playing around with the settings, because if you have made a mistake you
>>> can just reset the virtual machine.
>>> Pay attention to the new feature in Vista, like "people near me",
>>> Defender, etc.
>>>
>>> Good luck
>>>
>>> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>> in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Alonso Muhammad

Hi, Phil.

I am also studying for the same cert examination. To be on the safe side, I
have decided to continue my studies of the MCTS Self-Paced training book,
until I can get, at least 90% on the exam prep I have installed, which comes
with the MCTS Self-Paced training book.

I hope this advice is helpful to you, Phil.

Peace.