Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > Visual Web Developper 2008 and 70-528

Visual Web Developper 2008 and 70-528

Marc

Would studying Visual Web Developper 2008 help me with exam 70-528?

I used to work with Visual Studio 2005 in my last assignment, but I am doing
something else now, native win32 programming. Nevertheless I want to get
that cert to confirm and deepen my .NET experience. I do not have Visual
Studio 2005 available in my job location to do some little pilot projects
for myself, so I wonder if the Visual Express edition would be an outcome to
do some selfstudy.

Marc Wentink

Koen

Hi Marc,

I'm currently using VWD Express 2008 (2005 until last week) when studying
for exam 70-528. Up till now I haven't had any topics which required me to
have VS 2008 or VS 2005.

Good luck!

"Marc" wrote:

> Would studying Visual Web Developper 2008 help me with exam 70-528?
>
> I used to work with Visual Studio 2005 in my last assignment, but I am doing
> something else now, native win32 programming. Nevertheless I want to get
> that cert to confirm and deepen my .NET experience. I do not have Visual
> Studio 2005 available in my job location to do some little pilot projects
> for myself, so I wonder if the Visual Express edition would be an outcome to
> do some selfstudy.
>
> Marc Wentink

LarryWestMCSD

Marc:
By all means yes.
Take Visual Studio Express, and go through all of the items listed in the
"Skills being measured" in the Preparation Guide.
You should find most, if not all, of the classes and features being tested
available in Express. Implementation was not tested at all on my exam, and
that is one of the major differences between Express and the other versions
of Visual Studio.
Using each class even one time helps in preparation. In addition to actually
using the product, study each skill using MSDN. That is the main reference
that the exam writers used, and I have found it to be very valuable in my
studies.

Thank you for actually wanting to study the topics, instead of relying on
some braindumps like some other posters.

Best wishes in your certification studies.

"Marc" wrote:

> Would studying Visual Web Developper 2008 help me with exam 70-528?
>
> I used to work with Visual Studio 2005 in my last assignment, but I am doing
> something else now, native win32 programming. Nevertheless I want to get
> that cert to confirm and deepen my .NET experience. I do not have Visual
> Studio 2005 available in my job location to do some little pilot projects
> for myself, so I wonder if the Visual Express edition would be an outcome to
> do some selfstudy.
>
> Marc Wentink

Marc

"LarryWestMCSD" <LarryWest-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote

> Thank you for actually wanting to study the topics, instead of relying on
> some braindumps like some other posters.

People who do that are corrupt idiots that deceive themselves apart from
others. The certification is just a motivation and schedule to get the study
material done. The gained knowledge is the goal, not the certification.

Marc Wentink