Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > Completed my MCTS - Next?

Completed my MCTS - Next?

Durga

Hi,

Since im working in windows appln (abt to complete 1 year of exp) , i
completed 70536 & 70526. I completed both the papers through the 25% discount
offered by Microsoft. The examiner asked me if i need to take up any other
exam. At that time i knew next would be 70548 (MCPD for windows). Since it
was the last day for the discount period, I registered for the exam without
knowing the details. But then I came to now that I need to have dedicated 2
years of exp in windows app to take up that exam. Also previously i was
working in web app for 1.5 yrs. Now my confusion is that i dont know whether
i'll take up windows or web in my next company. Moreover i'll not be able to
get the refund if i cancel the exam.

Can any of you suggest what am i suppose to do next? Will it be correct if i
take up 70528. Sorry if i have confused those who read this
--
Regards,
Durga

Marc

"Durga" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> Since im working in windows appln (abt to complete 1 year of exp) , i
> completed 70536 & 70526.

Hi Durga, I do not know the answer to your question, but completing both
these two certs after just one year of working experience, is worth a
congratulation! Good show!

Pal

Hi Durga,

I have scheduled for the 70-536 test on Dec 29, 2007. Could you please let
me know how much time did you take to prepare for this exam? Did you use any
other books than MCTS Training kit by Microsoft ? Appreciate your help. Can
you suggest me some important topics for the exam?

Thanks,
Pal

"Durga" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since im working in windows appln (abt to complete 1 year of exp) , i
> completed 70536 & 70526. I completed both the papers through the 25% discount
> offered by Microsoft. The examiner asked me if i need to take up any other
> exam. At that time i knew next would be 70548 (MCPD for windows). Since it
> was the last day for the discount period, I registered for the exam without
> knowing the details. But then I came to now that I need to have dedicated 2
> years of exp in windows app to take up that exam. Also previously i was
> working in web app for 1.5 yrs. Now my confusion is that i dont know whether
> i'll take up windows or web in my next company. Moreover i'll not be able to
> get the refund if i cancel the exam.
>
> Can any of you suggest what am i suppose to do next? Will it be correct if i
> take up 70528. Sorry if i have confused those who read this
> --
> Regards,
> Durga

gravz84

The MCTS training kit is the minimum. Also use MSDN resources. Brett
Romero has compiled a list of the links refering to each objective for
536 http://www.cygen.com/msexams/msdnsg70-536.aspx
The exam questions are all framed on the basis of these MSDN
resources.
If you have experience working in .NET 1 month is sufficient time to
study for this exam. Also use the practice tests in the cd, they'll
give you an idea about the sort of actual exam questions.

Anything that is new in .NET 2 is given prominence. Topics, I couldn't
say if some are more important but if you look at the objectives
you'll get a picture of where the bulk of the questions will come
from. I'd say serialization, file i/o, security & configuration were
the topics covered most in my exam. Also I felt quite a fair amount of
questions were from globalization.
Lol that's almost all of the objectives.

On Nov 30, 9:07 pm, Pal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Durga,
>
> I have scheduled for the 70-536 test on Dec 29, 2007. Could you please let
> me know how much time did you take to prepare for this exam? Did you use any
> other books than MCTS Training kit by Microsoft ? Appreciate your help. Can
> you suggest me some important topics for the exam?
>
> Thanks,
> Pal

Pal

Thank you gravz for the helpful link and also for your suggestion.

Pal