Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > Re: Passed both tests. Now what?

Re: Passed both tests. Now what?

JayDNash

Your going to have to log on to the MCP Site http:\\mcp.Microsoft.com
register and order your Welcome kit.
It may take up to a week for MS to recognize your tests. You also may need
to create a new hotmail account
if your Microsoft Learning already uses your hotmail account. It will take
4 to 6 weeks before you get your
certs though. Hope this helps.

--
James D Nash
Go2ITGroup - "Field Technician"

Paul S.

Thanks for the reply James. i suppose i'll simply have to exercise my
patience. i already have a Windows Live ID, Hotmail account not necessary by
the way, as well as my MCP ID which was issued at the testing center. i'm
just waiting for confirmation from Microsoft and an access code to get into
the MCP pages.

i assume that my access code for the MCP website will arrive either by email
or snail mail?

Thanks again.

"JayDNash" wrote:

> Your going to have to log on to the MCP Site http:\\mcp.Microsoft.com
> register and order your Welcome kit.
> It may take up to a week for MS to recognize your tests. You also may need
> to create a new hotmail account
> if your Microsoft Learning already uses your hotmail account. It will take
> 4 to 6 weeks before you get your
> certs though. Hope this helps.
>

> --
> James D Nash
> Go2ITGroup - "Field Technician"
> CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+)
> Microsoft (MCDST)

Paul S.

FYI. If anyone else is interested in this topic, i have found a little more
info:

http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/...lcome-kit.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/kits/default.mspx

It's not pretty. If Microsoft wants to keep their certification program
compelling to IT pros. they really need to move the program into the 21st
century. It shouldn't take days to send an email confirmation of an
electronic transaction and then months to send a welcome kit. These are 19th
century, snail mail speeds!