Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > 70-431: how to prepare

70-431: how to prepare

Alan T

I would like to kick start to this paper, although I am a application
developer.
Ideally I should follow the books from MS Certificaiton web site
recommendations, however I would like to know in the real would what you
guys the books and how to prepare for this paper?

Thanks

Dave lloyd

Hi Alan,
The best way to prepare for the 431 exam is follow the MS book, check out
the whitepapers on SQL 2005, and most importantly of all....play with the
software, know it well, and you will be fine

"Alan T" wrote:

> I would like to kick start to this paper, although I am a application
> developer.
> Ideally I should follow the books from MS Certificaiton web site
> recommendations, however I would like to know in the real would what you
> guys the books and how to prepare for this paper?
>
> Thanks

Darrilgibson@gmail.com

Alan,

I'm admittedly a little biased, but I think this is a good book for
preparing for the 70-431 (and also the 70-443 and 70-444):
MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam Guide
(Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444).

It includes instructions on how to download and install an evaulation
copy of SQL Server 2005, exercises on how to actually perform many of
the tasks that you'll be tested on, and videos that show exactly how
to do many of the tasks. It also includes information on how to use
SQL Server Books Online to dig deeper on your own, and test banks on
the CD that you can use to help you prepare for the actual test.

There are many books out there. You don't necessarily have to
purchase a book published by Microsoft or attend a Microsoft course.

HTH,

Darril Gibson
MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
Mcitpsuccess.com
Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam