Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > MCTS Sharepoint Server or Windows Sharepoint Services

MCTS Sharepoint Server or Windows Sharepoint Services

RajivI

Hello,
I would like to know the differences between windows shareporint services
and office sharepoint server.

I have a fair idea that windows sharepoint services is used for
collaboration. Could anyone please let me know.
--
regards,
Rajiv.I

karun

Hi
Office sharepoint server(oss) is built on windows sharepoint server(wss).
The base is the wss. Without oss also we can develop our own portals but you
need keep much effort. But oss is the GUI kind of stuff where you create
portal on a button click. It has some other capabilities like BDC, Excel
services etc which come swith oss only. Wss is free downloadable with win
2003 server while oss is licensed.

"RajivI" wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to know the differences between windows shareporint services
> and office sharepoint server.
>
> I have a fair idea that windows sharepoint services is used for
> collaboration. Could anyone please let me know.
> --
> regards,
> Rajiv.I
> MCP,MCSA

RajivI

hello,

As a recommendation one should for the WSS TS or OSS TS? As OSS has more
demand in the market.
--
regards,
Rajiv.I