Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > Exam 70-536 Query

Exam 70-536 Query

Rahul

Hi,

I have started with the preparation of the MCTS 70-536 exam and language
would be C#. Can anyone tell me what is the passing percentage for the exam.
And what books i should refer for the preparation. Currently i am using
Beginner visual C# 2005 by karli watson. Please do tell me what training kits
are required for this exam. After this exam i will be going for exam 70-528
(web development), so any suggestions for this exams will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Rahul

LarryWestMCSD

Rahul:
Like all exams, the passing score is 700. Microsoft does not announce what
the top possible score is. For most exams, it is assumed to be 1000, but for
some its higher, some lower.
You will need more than just "Beginner Visual C# 2005" to pass the exam.
Remember that the exams assume you already know the language and test you on
how the language you've chosen interfaces with the .Net Framework in regards
to the various "skills being measured" in the preparation guide. You will not
find any language-specific questions on the exam.
In regards to "skills being measured", the best way I have found to study is
to convert each one into a question, and do the necessary research to find
the answer if I don't already know it. Study MSDN and TechNet heavily - its
the resource that the exam creators used to create their questions.

Best wishes in your certification studies.