Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > Windows Corrupt File

Windows Corrupt File

Haren

I have an error message saying file or directory C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch is
corrupt or unreadable. The error bubble prompted me to run the Chdsk
Utility. The Chdsk Utility cleaned it up but when it gets to stage 5 there
is an error and it stops. I have run a full virus scan twice and no virus
appears. How do I correct these problems? Thx.

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"Haren" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have an error message saying file or directory C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch is
> corrupt or unreadable. The error bubble prompted me to run the Chdsk
> Utility. The Chdsk Utility cleaned it up but when it gets to stage 5 there
> is an error and it stops. I have run a full virus scan twice and no virus
> appears. How do I correct these problems? Thx.

Try the correct newsgroup:

Microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

--
Michael D. Alligood,
MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST