Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > 70-542 - MOSS App Dev Basic Question

70-542 - MOSS App Dev Basic Question

Eric Kraus

Hello,

I am preparing for the 70-542 exam and have a quick question. The title of
the exam states 'Application Development' Is this refering to .NET/Object
Model "development" or does it mean more along the lines of a developing
business applications utilizing MOSS.

Simply, do I need to know how to perform the tasks in the outline via the
Object Model, of just know how to accomplish them via the web browser (app
itself)?

Thanks!
--
Eric Kraus - MCTS: MOSS, Configuration | MCAD .NET | ITIL-F
http://www.sharepointblogs.com/erickraus

Madhur

Eric Kraus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am preparing for the 70-542 exam and have a quick question. The
> title of the exam states 'Application Development' Is this refering
> to .NET/Object Model "development" or does it mean more along the
> lines of a developing business applications utilizing MOSS.
>
> Simply, do I need to know how to perform the tasks in the outline via
> the Object Model, of just know how to accomplish them via the web
> browser (app itself)?
>
> Thanks!

Hi

You need to be aware of both the Object Model as well as web browser GUI.
Obviously you cannot remember all the class names, but it expects you to
know the main ones.

In an all, it measures the skill to develop custom application on MOSS which
may require custom OM
development or may be just click & configure.

--
Madhur

http://madhurahuja.blogspot.com