Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > Question about the value of MCTS Certification

Question about the value of MCTS Certification

Ayman

Hello. I'm planning on taking the certification for MCTS in SQL
Server followed by the BI one. They're both quite difficult from what
I understand. My question is, how valuable have people found these
certifications to be in their careers? Salary raises? Found better
jobs? Got a promotion? Also, I'm planning to work in the Mid East
(specifically the Gulf countries such as Saudi Arabia, UAE, maybe
Egypt even - it's too crowded there though!!), are these
certifications of value there to hiring companies?

Thanks!
Ayman

Dave lloyd

Hi Ayman,

I completed an MCITP in database admin recently, from my experience, the
MCTS is worth the effort