Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > can 70-528 only give me MCP

can 70-528 only give me MCP

TJ

can 70-528 exam only give me MCP while can later write the 70-536 to complete
my MCTS

davidp

Hi,

I completed the 70-536 exam first, before completing the 70-528 exam. After
I completed the first exam I did receive an MCPID and the MCP logo was
available through the logo builder application in the MCP site. However, the
MCP certification was not listed on my Microsoft Transcript.

After I completed the second test, MCTS was listed on my Microsoft
Transcript, not MCP. I am not sure if you can claim MCP status oficially
after completing only one of the exams listed below due to the structure of
the NewGeneration of Microsoft Certifications. You may want to e-mail
Microsoft for clarification http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).

Thanks,

"TJ" wrote:

> can 70-528 exam only give me MCP while can later write the 70-536 to complete
> my MCTS

Ashwin

The MS certification site will give you this information too:

536 - Credit towards certification only - no actual certification
528 - MCTS in web development
547 - MCPD in web development.

Ashwin