Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > 70-536 Details

70-536 Details

Gary Gallagher

Hi Guys, I am intending to sit this exam at the end of August. I am almost
finished the MS Press Traning Material book and i intend to sit numerous
practice tests as i have purchased the MeasureUp Exam simulator.

Could someone clarify for me as to the length of the exam and the number of
questions? On the numerous sites i have scanned for this information i have
read conflicting answers, why is this?

I am aware that the pass mark is 700 points which is determined on the level
of questions asked and so on.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Tony Wissler

I just sat and passed the exam yesterday morning.
I can confirm only for my particular instance - in which I had 45 questions
and 700 is listed as the minimum score.

Tony Wissler

"Gary Gallagher" <Gary http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Guys, I am intending to sit this exam at the end of August. I am
> almost
> finished the MS Press Traning Material book and i intend to sit numerous
> practice tests as i have purchased the MeasureUp Exam simulator.
>
> Could someone clarify for me as to the length of the exam and the number
> of
> questions? On the numerous sites i have scanned for this information i
> have
> read conflicting answers, why is this?
>
> I am aware that the pass mark is 700 points which is determined on the
> level
> of questions asked and so on.
>
> Your help would be much appreciated.

RomoR

Tony you are violating NDA.

RomoR

"Tony Wissler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just sat and passed the exam yesterday morning.
> I can confirm only for my particular instance - in which I had 45
> questions and 700 is listed as the minimum score.
>
> Tony Wissler
>
> "Gary Gallagher" <Gary (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Guys, I am intending to sit this exam at the end of August. I am
>> almost
>> finished the MS Press Traning Material book and i intend to sit numerous
>> practice tests as i have purchased the MeasureUp Exam simulator.
>>
>> Could someone clarify for me as to the length of the exam and the number
>> of
>> questions? On the numerous sites i have scanned for this information i
>> have
>> read conflicting answers, why is this?
>>
>> I am aware that the pass mark is 700 points which is determined on the
>> level
>> of questions asked and so on.
>>
>> Your help would be much appreciated.

The Rev [MCT]

Not really

--
..rev

accepting it"
~Aristotle

Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

Register on-line @ vue.com
..
"RomoR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony you are violating NDA.
>
> RomoR
>
> "Tony Wissler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I just sat and passed the exam yesterday morning.
>> I can confirm only for my particular instance - in which I had 45
>> questions and 700 is listed as the minimum score.
>>
>> Tony Wissler
>>
>> "Gary Gallagher" <Gary (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi Guys, I am intending to sit this exam at the end of August. I am
>>> almost
>>> finished the MS Press Traning Material book and i intend to sit numerous
>>> practice tests as i have purchased the MeasureUp Exam simulator.
>>>
>>> Could someone clarify for me as to the length of the exam and the number
>>> of
>>> questions? On the numerous sites i have scanned for this information i
>>> have
>>> read conflicting answers, why is this?
>>>
>>> I am aware that the pass mark is 700 points which is determined on the
>>> level
>>> of questions asked and so on.
>>>
>>> Your help would be much appreciated.

Tony Wissler

So, let me understand. I cannot tell someone the minimum score and how many
questions I was asked but it is ok to tell someone to "go for dumps"

QUOTE: "Once you know the language and confident then you go for dumps."
See the thread in this newsgroup subject: MCTS.Net Exam about 4 thread
down.
Started by: abhjos

Nice leo

"RomoR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony you are violating NDA.
>
> RomoR
>
> "Tony Wissler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I just sat and passed the exam yesterday morning.
>> I can confirm only for my particular instance - in which I had 45
>> questions and 700 is listed as the minimum score.
>>
>> Tony Wissler
>>
>> "Gary Gallagher" <Gary (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi Guys, I am intending to sit this exam at the end of August. I am
>>> almost
>>> finished the MS Press Traning Material book and i intend to sit numerous
>>> practice tests as i have purchased the MeasureUp Exam simulator.
>>>
>>> Could someone clarify for me as to the length of the exam and the number
>>> of
>>> questions? On the numerous sites i have scanned for this information i
>>> have
>>> read conflicting answers, why is this?
>>>
>>> I am aware that the pass mark is 700 points which is determined on the
>>> level
>>> of questions asked and so on.
>>>
>>> Your help would be much appreciated.

The Rev [MCT]

No Dumps....dumps are bad okay.

as for the numder of questions its not a big deal nor as I said is it a
violation to the NDA. The passing score is Public and the number of
questions can change from time to time but isn't violating the NDA to tell
people how many questions yo uhad and wha your score was....

--
..rev

accepting it"
~Aristotle

Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

Register on-line @ vue.com
..
"Tony Wissler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> So, let me understand. I cannot tell someone the minimum score and how
> many questions I was asked but it is ok to tell someone to "go for dumps"
>
> QUOTE: "Once you know the language and confident then you go for dumps."
> See the thread in this newsgroup subject: MCTS.Net Exam about 4 thread
> down.
> Started by: abhjos
>
> Nice leo
>

> "RomoR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Tony you are violating NDA.
>>
>> RomoR
>>
>> "Tony Wissler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I just sat and passed the exam yesterday morning.
>>> I can confirm only for my particular instance - in which I had 45
>>> questions and 700 is listed as the minimum score.
>>>
>>> Tony Wissler
>>>
>>> "Gary Gallagher" <Gary (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

LarryWestMCSD

RomoR:

Microsoft Learning had a webcast a while back stating that giving the number
of questions on an exam was not a violation of the NDA. Here is a link to it:
https://www114.livemeeting.com/cc/lm...pw=ATT0900&cn=

Trika's blog is at http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/default.aspx. I highly
recommend it for anyone involved in taking certification exams.

The fact that 700 is the passing score for all exams is listed in the Exam
FAQ on the Microsoft web site.

However, when you take an exam, one of the things that you read at the
beginning states that there may be ungraded questions in the exam used to
determine whether or not they should become graded questions at some later
point.

Thus, to say that you had 45 questions, does not state that you had 45
graded questions. Some may have been ungraded questions. Obviously, if
someone else gets 46 or more questions, they can probably be sure that at
least one of the questions is an ungraded sample, or that they changed the
number of questions asked for that particular exam. That's why asking the
number of questions is a silly exercise. A less silly question would be "How
long did you get to take the exam?" If when you sign up for the exam you
discover that your time is longer, then you know that you probably will have
some ungraded questions on it (for what that's worth).

I once had 12 questions more than what someone had posted in here as the
number of questions on a particular exam. One of the questions I am sure was
a sample, because it had two answers that were the same text exactly.

I honestly don't remember how many questions or length of time my 536 exam
had, so I can't answer the original question.
--
Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCTS x5, MOUS, FLMI, ACS

"RomoR" wrote:

> Tony you are violating NDA.
>
> RomoR
>
> "Tony Wissler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I just sat and passed the exam yesterday morning.
> > I can confirm only for my particular instance - in which I had 45
> > questions and 700 is listed as the minimum score.
> >
> > Tony Wissler
> >
> > "Gary Gallagher" <Gary (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hi Guys, I am intending to sit this exam at the end of August. I am
> >> almost
> >> finished the MS Press Traning Material book and i intend to sit numerous
> >> practice tests as i have purchased the MeasureUp Exam simulator.
> >>
> >> Could someone clarify for me as to the length of the exam and the number
> >> of
> >> questions? On the numerous sites i have scanned for this information i
> >> have
> >> read conflicting answers, why is this?
> >>
> >> I am aware that the pass mark is 700 points which is determined on the
> >> level
> >> of questions asked and so on.
> >>
> >> Your help would be much appreciated.

Tony Wissler

Rev I completely agree! No Dumps!

I myself, would never recommend using dumps to anyone. I was just making
point about RomoR's post - regarding his comments.

"The Rev [MCT]" wrote:

> No Dumps....dumps are bad okay.
>
> as for the numder of questions its not a big deal nor as I said is it a
> violation to the NDA. The passing score is Public and the number of
> questions can change from time to time but isn't violating the NDA to tell
> people how many questions yo uhad and wha your score was....
>
> --
> ..rev
>
> "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without
> accepting it"
> ~Aristotle
>
> Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
> Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359
>
> Register on-line @ vue.com
> ..
> "Tony Wissler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > So, let me understand. I cannot tell someone the minimum score and how
> > many questions I was asked but it is ok to tell someone to "go for dumps"
> >
> > QUOTE: "Once you know the language and confident then you go for dumps."
> > See the thread in this newsgroup subject: MCTS.Net Exam about 4 thread
> > down.
> > Started by: abhjos
> >
> > Nice leo
> >

> > "RomoR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Tony you are violating NDA.
> >>
> >> RomoR
> >>
> >> "Tony Wissler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

RomoR

Thanks Larry and where is Gary.

Tony you are safe.

"LarryWestMCSD" <LarryWest-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> RomoR:
>
> Microsoft Learning had a webcast a while back stating that giving the
> number
> of questions on an exam was not a violation of the NDA. Here is a link to
> it:
> https://www114.livemeeting.com/cc/lm...pw=ATT0900&cn=
>
> Trika's blog is at http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/default.aspx. I highly
> recommend it for anyone involved in taking certification exams.
>
> The fact that 700 is the passing score for all exams is listed in the Exam
> FAQ on the Microsoft web site.
>
> However, when you take an exam, one of the things that you read at the
> beginning states that there may be ungraded questions in the exam used to
> determine whether or not they should become graded questions at some later
> point.
>
> Thus, to say that you had 45 questions, does not state that you had 45
> graded questions. Some may have been ungraded questions. Obviously, if
> someone else gets 46 or more questions, they can probably be sure that at
> least one of the questions is an ungraded sample, or that they changed the
> number of questions asked for that particular exam. That's why asking the
> number of questions is a silly exercise. A less silly question would be
> "How
> long did you get to take the exam?" If when you sign up for the exam you
> discover that your time is longer, then you know that you probably will
> have
> some ungraded questions on it (for what that's worth).
>
> I once had 12 questions more than what someone had posted in here as the
> number of questions on a particular exam. One of the questions I am sure
> was
> a sample, because it had two answers that were the same text exactly.
>
> I honestly don't remember how many questions or length of time my 536 exam
> had, so I can't answer the original question.
> --
> Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCTS x5, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
>

> "RomoR" wrote:
>
>> Tony you are violating NDA.
>>
>> RomoR
>>
>> "Tony Wissler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I just sat and passed the exam yesterday morning.
>> > I can confirm only for my particular instance - in which I had 45
>> > questions and 700 is listed as the minimum score.
>> >
>> > Tony Wissler
>> >
>> > "Gary Gallagher" <Gary (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> > message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

RomoR

Tony:

Strictly No Dumps in this group and I personally welcome all the inputs
which really makes me and everyone understand about the certifications.

Having said that some IT guys who posts their questions doesnt do a
certification research and this is been going on for long time since the
certification started from 1992.

FYI "DUMPS - i meant practice tests which are coming along with Microsoft
Books"

BTW Larrys link was excellent.