Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > 70-431 and Data Mirroring

70-431 and Data Mirroring

Stefan Brueggemann

Hi there!

I'm a bit confused in terms of data mirroring in the 70-431 exam. The
Microsoft training kit defines it to be for evaluation purposes until release
of SQL Server 2005 SP 1 (which in fact has been released) als well as some
other study guide I have here. As result it should not be used in a
productive environment. But the test software bundled with Microsoft's
training kit always propose it for use in production when high availability
is required.

So what's the deal with it? Is data mirroring a solution in the exam when
the question does not explicitly say it's used or should be used? Or is it
not a solution because the exam does not take the release SP into account?

Greetings, Stefan

Anonymous Reader

Just for you reference. When I took the 431 exam while it was in beta in
2005, I assumed data mirroring was already available to use. I passed with
a high score. I don't know whether the related questions were correct or
not.