Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > OT: Recommendation on Imaging Software

OT: Recommendation on Imaging Software

Michael D. Alligood

Suffice to say I am out of the loop with drive imaging software
nowadays. I am doing research on the major brands on the market, but
wanted your feedback on what you use -- advantages / disadvantages.

Situation: 4 PC SMB that requires very minimal downtime due to its
promised deadlines. I need imaging software that will restore the PC
back to its original state before the failure. This software also needs
to perform a daily snapshot (image backup) automatically.

Any recommendation?

--
Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

Keith Chilton

you caught my attention by saying imaging software... I was thinking in
terms of banking though.. haha Imaging software for processing checks and
financial intstruments... You aren't talking about that though so my
response to this was pointless. haha

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Suffice to say I am out of the loop with drive imaging software nowadays.
> I am doing research on the major brands on the market, but wanted your
> feedback on what you use -- advantages / disadvantages.
>
> Situation: 4 PC SMB that requires very minimal downtime due to its
> promised deadlines. I need imaging software that will restore the PC back
> to its original state before the failure. This software also needs to
> perform a daily snapshot (image backup) automatically.
>
> Any recommendation?
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
> CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

LRM

"Michael D. Alligood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Suffice to say I am out of the loop with drive imaging software nowadays.
> I am doing research on the major brands on the market, but wanted your
> feedback on what you use -- advantages / disadvantages.
>
> Situation: 4 PC SMB that requires very minimal downtime due to its
> promised deadlines. I need imaging software that will restore the PC back
> to its original state before the failure. This software also needs to
> perform a daily snapshot (image backup) automatically.
>
> Any recommendation?

In a small environment like that, try Acronis or BEX from symantec/veritas
with intelligent recovery disk and see which suits your needs best.

I've used both and Acronis might work best for you but check out the specs
on their websites to make your own choice.

kpg

"Keith Chilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:#(E-Mail Removed):

> you caught my attention by saying imaging software... I was thinking
> in terms of banking though.. haha Imaging software for processing
> checks and financial intstruments... You aren't talking about that
> though so my response to this was pointless. haha

So you hit the send button becuase...?