Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > exam 70-526 and MCP

exam 70-526 and MCP

lbills

Will passing MCTS exam 70-526 earn a MCP designation? Thanks.

Tony Wissler

Yes, It will.

Per Microsoft's site:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx

You will see the blurb: Note Exams 70-058 and 70-536 are exceptions to the
one exam requirement. Passing either of these exams will not certify an
individual as an MCP.

BTW, I just took this exam this morning at 8:00am and Passed with a 900 with
a requirement of 700 points. I don't know exactly what those numbers mean
other then I didn't just scrape by.

My best advice for the exam - KNOW the Data section from the exam spec sheet
that is on the Microsoft site for 70-526. Especially XML!

Regards-

Tony Wissler
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)_noSPAM_

"lbills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Will passing MCTS exam 70-526 earn a MCP designation? Thanks.

Moojjoo

Tony you said, "Yes, It will." BUT in the statement from microsoft it says,

> You will see the blurb: Note Exams 70-058 and 70-536 are exceptions to the
> one exam requirement. Passing either of these exams will not certify an
> individual as an MCP.

Passing 70-536 WILL NOT certify and individual as an MCP, so doesn't that
mean that it

WILL NOT Certify and individual as an MCP?

--
<moojjoo/>

"Tony Wissler" wrote:

> Yes, It will.
>
> Per Microsoft's site:
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx
>
> You will see the blurb: Note Exams 70-058 and 70-536 are exceptions to the
> one exam requirement. Passing either of these exams will not certify an
> individual as an MCP.
>
> BTW, I just took this exam this morning at 8:00am and Passed with a 900 with
> a requirement of 700 points. I don't know exactly what those numbers mean
> other then I didn't just scrape by.
>
> My best advice for the exam - KNOW the Data section from the exam spec sheet
> that is on the Microsoft site for 70-526. Especially XML!
>
> Regards-
>
> Tony Wissler
> (E-Mail Removed)_noSPAM_
>
> "lbills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Will passing MCTS exam 70-526 earn a MCP designation? Thanks.

lbills

My current understanding (for what it's worth) is that passing 70-526 will
earn MCP, but 70-536 will not. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

"Moojjoo" wrote:

> Tony you said, "Yes, It will." BUT in the statement from microsoft it says,
>
> > You will see the blurb: Note Exams 70-058 and 70-536 are exceptions to the
> > one exam requirement. Passing either of these exams will not certify an
> > individual as an MCP.

> Passing 70-536 WILL NOT certify and individual as an MCP, so doesn't that
> mean that it
>
> WILL NOT Certify and individual as an MCP?
>
> --
> <moojjoo/>
>

> "Tony Wissler" wrote:
>
> > Yes, It will.
> >
> > Per Microsoft's site:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx
> >
> > You will see the blurb: Note Exams 70-058 and 70-536 are exceptions to the
> > one exam requirement. Passing either of these exams will not certify an
> > individual as an MCP.
> >
> > BTW, I just took this exam this morning at 8:00am and Passed with a 900 with
> > a requirement of 700 points. I don't know exactly what those numbers mean
> > other then I didn't just scrape by.
> >
> > My best advice for the exam - KNOW the Data section from the exam spec sheet
> > that is on the Microsoft site for 70-526. Especially XML!
> >
> > Regards-
> >
> > Tony Wissler
> > (E-Mail Removed)_noSPAM_
> >
> > "lbills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Will passing MCTS exam 70-526 earn a MCP designation? Thanks.

Tony Wissler

Re-Read the post.

Are we talking 70-526 or 70-536... ?

526 alone, WILL

536 alone, WILL NOT.

"Moojjoo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony you said, "Yes, It will." BUT in the statement from microsoft it
> says,
>
>> You will see the blurb: Note Exams 70-058 and 70-536 are exceptions to
>> the
>> one exam requirement. Passing either of these exams will not certify an
>> individual as an MCP.

> Passing 70-536 WILL NOT certify and individual as an MCP, so doesn't that
> mean that it
>
> WILL NOT Certify and individual as an MCP?
>
> --
> <moojjoo/>
>

> "Tony Wissler" wrote:
>
>> Yes, It will.
>>
>> Per Microsoft's site:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx
>>
>> You will see the blurb: Note Exams 70-058 and 70-536 are exceptions to
>> the
>> one exam requirement. Passing either of these exams will not certify an
>> individual as an MCP.
>>
>> BTW, I just took this exam this morning at 8:00am and Passed with a 900
>> with
>> a requirement of 700 points. I don't know exactly what those numbers
>> mean
>> other then I didn't just scrape by.
>>
>> My best advice for the exam - KNOW the Data section from the exam spec
>> sheet
>> that is on the Microsoft site for 70-526. Especially XML!
>>
>> Regards-
>>
>> Tony Wissler
>> (E-Mail Removed)_noSPAM_
>>
>> "lbills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Will passing MCTS exam 70-526 earn a MCP designation? Thanks.

Tony Wissler

From my understanding - you are correct!

"lbills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> My current understanding (for what it's worth) is that passing 70-526 will
> earn MCP, but 70-536 will not. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> "Moojjoo" wrote:
>
>> Tony you said, "Yes, It will." BUT in the statement from microsoft it
>> says,
>>
>> > You will see the blurb: Note Exams 70-058 and 70-536 are exceptions to
>> > the
>> > one exam requirement. Passing either of these exams will not certify an
>> > individual as an MCP.

>> Passing 70-536 WILL NOT certify and individual as an MCP, so doesn't that
>> mean that it
>>
>> WILL NOT Certify and individual as an MCP?
>>
>> --
>> <moojjoo/>
>>

>> "Tony Wissler" wrote:
>>
>> > Yes, It will.
>> >
>> > Per Microsoft's site:
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx
>> >
>> > You will see the blurb: Note Exams 70-058 and 70-536 are exceptions to
>> > the
>> > one exam requirement. Passing either of these exams will not certify an
>> > individual as an MCP.
>> >
>> > BTW, I just took this exam this morning at 8:00am and Passed with a 900
>> > with
>> > a requirement of 700 points. I don't know exactly what those numbers
>> > mean
>> > other then I didn't just scrape by.
>> >
>> > My best advice for the exam - KNOW the Data section from the exam spec
>> > sheet
>> > that is on the Microsoft site for 70-526. Especially XML!
>> >
>> > Regards-
>> >
>> > Tony Wissler
>> > (E-Mail Removed)_noSPAM_
>> >
>> > "lbills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Jimmy

When you say MCP, is this diff than MCPD ?