Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > Which do you prefer? MCTS: Web Apps or MCTS: Windows Apps?

Reply
Thread Tools

Which do you prefer? MCTS: Web Apps or MCTS: Windows Apps?

 
 
Willy David Jr
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-21-2006
I have just passed my first Microsoft Certification which is 070-536. Now I
am looking forward on achieving MCTS. Which do you think is in demand in our
industry or the best one: MCTS: Web Apps or MCTS: Windows Apps? Thanks in
advance for comments and suggestions!





--
4th Year Bachelor of Technology Major in Information Technology-
Technological University of the Philippines
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Philo694
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-24-2006
Hi
I completed my MCTS in Web Development 3 months ago. I am working as an IT
contractor and can say that in the UK demand for web apps far exceeds demand
for windows apps IMO.
Hope this helps and good luck with the exam.

"ryan" wrote:

> Well, in .NET the classes are so similar either would be good, but personally
> I think web apps are more in demand.
>
> Either one is going to be connecting to a DB server 99% of the time, so I
> think the database portion ADO.NET is most important before web or windows
> apps. Followed by XML and web services. The web forms vs windows forms is
> not a deciding faction IMO.
>
> If you look at how people use Technology now and then 10 years ago, the one
> thing that sticks out is the how much more people use Technology and stay
> connected all the time.
>
> "Willy David Jr" wrote:
>
> > I have just passed my first Microsoft Certification which is 070-536. Now I
> > am looking forward on achieving MCTS. Which do you think is in demand in our
> > industry or the best one: MCTS: Web Apps or MCTS: Windows Apps? Thanks in
> > advance for comments and suggestions!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > 4th Year Bachelor of Technology Major in Information Technology-
> > Technological University of the Philippines

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
hem..
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-08-2007
hi, iam planning to take up 70-536 or 70-528 examination in couples of month.
can you provide me with resource such as e-book, tutorials, syllabus.it could
be more helpful to me. And let me know how was the exam..

thank u..


"Willy David Jr" wrote:

> I have just passed my first Microsoft Certification which is 070-536. Now I
> am looking forward on achieving MCTS. Which do you think is in demand in our
> industry or the best one: MCTS: Web Apps or MCTS: Windows Apps? Thanks in
> advance for comments and suggestions!
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> 4th Year Bachelor of Technology Major in Information Technology-
> Technological University of the Philippines

 
Reply With Quote
 
Willy David Jr
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2007
Hi Ritesh Mehta

It does say that you will earn credit to
•Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: .NET Framework 2.0 Web
Applications
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows
Applications
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: .NET Framework 2.0 Distributed
Applications

because in order to get that MCTS, you need to pass 2 exams. One is 70-536,
and the other one is 70-528 or 70-526 or 70-529, depending on which one is
you preffered. Passing only 70-536 will not earn you to become certified in
the bulleted mentioned above. You need to pass two exams.

One thing, reviewing only 70-536 doesn't mean that you can take 70-528 or
70-526 or 70-529 because 70-536 will only cover general overview of .NET 2.0
Framework and WILL NOT COVER 70-528 or 70-526 or 70-529. But is really
related to them but as much as possible, you have some resources for the
other certifications. You still need to purchase or review some books related
to your planned certification tracks.

Hope that answers. Regards.



--
4th Year Bachelor of Technology Major in Information Technology-
Technological University of the Philippines


Software Engineering Technologists


"Ritesh Mehta" wrote:

> I have a confusion.when we click on the link for exam 70-536(Application
> Development Foundation) it says that we earn credit towards the following
> certifications:
> •Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: .NET Framework 2.0 Web
> Applications
> • Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows
> Applications
> • Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: .NET Framework 2.0 Distributed
> Applications
>
> Arent the 3 courses above referring to exam 70-528,70-526,70-529
> respectively.So if my guess is correct then if you give 70-536 then doesn't
> it mean that you do not need to give 70-528,70-526,70-529 since it covers
> them. Because I was under this assumption but when I saw the questions in
> this discussion forum where someone is planning to give 70-536 followed by
> 70-528 or viceversa , I am confused.Please can someone clarify this.
> Also again if my guess is correct I had one more question:
> Do we need to purchase 3 different books for 70-528,70-526,70-529 or the one
> book for 70-536 cover all the 3 topics
>
> "Willy David Jr" wrote:
>
> > In addition to what Philo694 said before, more codings and general overview
> > of .NET framework will help you a lot on 70-536 exam. Concentrate on one
> > language to better fit you to pass the exam. In my part, I concentrated more
> > on C#.NET although I am used to be a VB6 programmer and a current VB.NET and
> > C#.NET programmer. Concentrating on one language will help you a lot. Good
> > luck!
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > 4th Year Bachelor of Technology Major in Information Technology-
> > Technological University of the Philippines
> >
> >
> > Software Engineering Technologists
> >
> >
> > "hem.." wrote:
> >
> > > hi, iam planning to take up 70-536 or 70-528 examination in couples of month.
> > > can you provide me with resource such as e-book, tutorials, syllabus.it could
> > > be more helpful to me. And let me know how was the exam..
> > >
> > > thank u..
> > >
> > >
> > > "Willy David Jr" wrote:
> > >
> > > > I have just passed my first Microsoft Certification which is 070-536. Now I
> > > > am looking forward on achieving MCTS. Which do you think is in demand in our
> > > > industry or the best one: MCTS: Web Apps or MCTS: Windows Apps? Thanks in
> > > > advance for comments and suggestions!
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > 4th Year Bachelor of Technology Major in Information Technology-
> > > > Technological University of the Philippines

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011: Which Ruby books have you read? And which would you recommend? Aston J. Ruby 13 03-16-2011 07:36 AM
.NET 2.0 Web Apps / .NET 3.5 ASP.NET Apps - Differences/Similariti london1919 MCTS 1 12-08-2008 03:16 PM
Running python apps from within python apps aph Python 4 01-14-2006 04:06 PM
Call windows apps from web apps anonymous ASP .Net Datagrid Control 4 02-28-2005 01:25 PM
Web enabled apps/Thin client apps Richard Choate ASP General 2 07-23-2003 02:28 PM



Advertisments