Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Search arithmetic library

Search arithmetic library

Yannick

Hi,

I need to use the arithmetic library but I don't find it!

I need to use arithmetic.std_logic_arith and I don't want change for
another library.

Where I can find it?

Thks

jeppe jeppe is offline
Senior Member
Location: Denmark

Hi

It properly depends on which enviroment (ISE) your using but try to include this in your source code.

library IEEE;
use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.ALL;
use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_ARITH.ALL;
use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_UNSIGNED.ALL;

Could be this in our case

library arithmetic;
use arithmetic.STD_LOGIC_ARITH.ALL;

Your welcome

Last edited by jeppe; 02-27-2009 at 01:51 PM..

Tricky

On Feb 27, 12:46*pm, Yannick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to use the arithmetic library but I don't find it!
>
> I need to use arithmetic.std_logic_arith and I don't want change for
> another library.
>
> Where I can find it?
>
> Thks

std_logic_arith is usually in the ieee library.
But dont use that, use ieee.numeric_std instead.

Andy Peters

On Feb 27, 5:46*am, Yannick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I need to use arithmetic.std_logic_arith

No, you don't ...

-a

Yannick

On 2 mar, 20:50, Andy Peters <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 27, 5:46*am, Yannick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I need to use arithmetic.std_logic_arith

> No, you don't ...
>
> -a

I know that I can use iee library iee but this is not a acceptable
solution.
If you don't know where I can find it, please don't reply!

Nobody know where I can find this library ? (This is the question)

Thanks

Jacko

On 27 Feb, 12:46, Yannick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to use the arithmetic library but I don't find it!
>
> I need to use arithmetic.std_logic_arith and I don't want change for
> another library.
>
> Where I can find it?
>
> Thks

Useually for standard libraries they will be in the ieee tree. I say
use which ever you want, they are very similar, but some type
conversion issues exist.

library ieee;

use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
use ieee.std_logic_arith.all;

you could use ieee.numeric_std.all as well or instead of this will
slightly change the code needed, i.e. a slight cast changing, but not
much else will differ. The packages differ IIRC in that
std_logic_arith has arithmetic functions which produce
std_logic_vector, where as numeric_std is focused on producing numeric
results, which then can be cast/autocast to std_logic_vector.

There are many opinions, but i have had no concrete rational as to why
one is better than the other.

cheers jacko

Yannick

On 9 mar, 19:51, Jacko <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 27 Feb, 12:46, Yannick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> > I need to use the arithmetic library but I don't find it!

> > I need to use arithmetic.std_logic_arith and I don't want change for
> > another library.

> > Where I can find it?

> > Thks

> Useually for standard libraries they will be in the ieee tree. I say
> use which ever you want, they are very similar, but some type
> conversion issues exist.
>
> library ieee;
>
> use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
> use ieee.std_logic_arith.all;
>
> you could use ieee.numeric_std.all as well or instead of this will
> slightly change the code needed, i.e. a slight cast changing, but not
> much else will differ. The packages differ IIRC in that
> std_logic_arith has arithmetic functions which produce
> std_logic_vector, where as numeric_std is focused on producing numeric
> results, which then can be cast/autocast to std_logic_vector.
>
> There are many opinions, but i have had no concrete rational as to why
> one is better than the other.
>
> cheers jacko

I try to simulate a old design on ACTEL. For safety and no more step,
I need to use the same
library than the first compilation in 1999.

I know ieee library and I use it for all my design but I can't to use
it here. I haven't any choice, it's the protocol.

Voila

thanks

yannick

Yannick

On 12 mar, 17:34, Alan Fitch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Yannick wrote:
> > On 9 mar, 19:51, Jacko <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> <snip>
>
> > I try to simulate a old design on ACTEL. For safety and no more step,
> > I need to use the same
> > library than the first compilation in 1999.

> > I know ieee library and I use it for all my design but I can't to use
> > it here. I haven't any choice, it's the protocol.

> > Voila

> > thanks

> > yannick

> I would suggest you contact Actel Technical Support at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed),
> they may be able to make obsolete versions of their design software
> available to you,
>
> regards
> Alan
>
> --