Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Record Audio onto laptop

Record Audio onto laptop

Ian

Win XP

I am looking for software that will allow me to
record audio onto a laptop.

Can then save / burn to whatever.

Need not be fancy.

Any ideas appreciated ...Ian

Centre Parting

Ian wrote:
> Win XP
>
> I am looking for software that will allow me to
> record audio onto a laptop.

When you say "onto", do you mean from an external source ?

> Can then save / burn to whatever.
>
> Need not be fancy.
>
> Any ideas appreciated ...Ian

Desk Rabbit

Ian wrote:
> Win XP
>
> I am looking for software that will allow me to
> record audio onto a laptop.
>
> Can then save / burn to whatever.
>
> Need not be fancy.
>
> Any ideas appreciated ...Ian

The built in Sound Recorder application.

Ian

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:13:59 -0000, "Centre Parting"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ian wrote:
>> Win XP
>>
>> I am looking for software that will allow me to
>> record audio onto a laptop.

>When you say "onto", do you mean from an external source ?
>

>> Can then save / burn to whatever.
>>
>> Need not be fancy.
>>
>> Any ideas appreciated ...Ian

I am a member of a Parkinsons Support Group.
We occasionally have a guest speaker who we
would like to record for future use.

My idea is to use a laptop, which hopefully we
can obtain for the right price. Hence the software.

Another alternative put forward was tape.

Any further ideas ...Ian

G. Morgan

Ian wrote:

>I am a member of a Parkinsons Support Group.
>We occasionally have a guest speaker who we
>would like to record for future use.
>
>My idea is to use a laptop, which hopefully we
>can obtain for the right price. Hence the software.
>
>Another alternative put forward was tape.
>
>Any further ideas ...Ian

All you have to do is record the meeting with a standard cassette recorder.

Then, all you need is a cord to connect the speaker output on the recorder to
the microphone in jack on the computer (any computer, including the one you're
using now).
Like this:
http://www.pcconnection.com/IPA/Shop...&ci_sku=142115

Then you launch "Sound Recorder" which is built in to Windows (Programs ->
Accessories -> Entertainment -> Sound Recorder.

Is this clear before I continue?