Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Why can't I get WPA to work with linksys router and linksys/WinXP client?

Why can't I get WPA to work with linksys router and linksys/WinXP client?

Colin

The connection works without encryption. Once WPA-PSK is turn on the client and
the router connect, exchange data(seems to be attempting to authenticate) and
then fails.

It seems to be the 802.1x part I haven't setup correctly. What is the process
for WPA? Has my approach must be too simplistic(see below) and I missed a step.

1) Linksys Router befw11s4 v4 upgrade to the latest firmware (152.02), WPA-PSK
enable, TKIP enabled, shared key type in, 3600 for group key renewal.
2) Winxp upgrade for WPA supplicant. WPA_PSK selected from wireless network
properties. Same shared-key typed in to wireless network properties.
3) Linksys WUSB11 v2.8 (driver 4.10.0.430), besides upgraded the driver, made no
settings changes.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Colin