Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Webhosting bandwith query

Webhosting bandwith query

Kiko

One webhosting company I am looking for my site has this limits:
Plan A Plan B Plan C
Monthly Bandwidth 2Mbit 5Mbit 10Mbit ETC

I do not understand those figures, I am used to see a monthly bandwith
limit rated in Gigs, like 10GB 20GB or 100GB

Could anyone tell me what my monthly bandwith limit would be if I take
the 2Mbit package?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Kiko wrote:

> One webhosting company I am looking for my site has this limits:
> Plan A Plan B Plan C
> Monthly Bandwidth 2Mbit 5Mbit 10Mbit ETC
>
> I do not understand those figures, I am used to see a monthly bandwith
> limit rated in Gigs, like 10GB 20GB or 100GB
>
> Could anyone tell me what my monthly bandwith limit would be if I
> take the 2Mbit package?

Is that limit per month? Or per minute? 2 Megabits would be, say, one
image file...

What is the link to this company's web page?

This does not appear to be a question about computer security.

--
-bts

Kiko

Beauregard T. Shagnasty formulated on miércoles :
> Kiko wrote:
>
>> One webhosting company I am looking for my site has this limits:
>> Plan A Plan B Plan C
>> Monthly Bandwidth 2Mbit 5Mbit 10Mbit ETC
>>
>> I do not understand those figures, I am used to see a monthly bandwith
>> limit rated in Gigs, like 10GB 20GB or 100GB
>>
>> Could anyone tell me what my monthly bandwith limit would be if I
>> take the 2Mbit package?

> Is that limit per month? Or per minute? 2 Megabits would be, say, one
> image file...

Monthly

> What is the link to this company's web page?

http://vps4less.de/virtual.php

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Kiko wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty formulated on miércoles :
>> Kiko wrote:
>>> One webhosting company I am looking for my site has this limits:
>>> Plan A Plan B Plan C
>>> Monthly Bandwidth 2Mbit 5Mbit 10Mbit ETC
>>>
>>> I do not understand those figures, I am used to see a monthly
>>> bandwith limit rated in Gigs, like 10GB 20GB or 100GB
>>>
>>> Could anyone tell me what my monthly bandwith limit would be if I
>>> take the 2Mbit package?

>> Is that limit per month? Or per minute? 2 Megabits would be, say,
>> one image file...

> Monthly

Ok, so what will you do after you, or someone, downloads just one image
file and your entire monthly bandwidth is used up?

>> What is the link to this company's web page?

> http://vps4less.de/virtual.php

Heh. There is so little at that web site that I wonder if they have a
business at all. Look at their forum. 7 posts total, and none seem to be
related to web hosting. I would look elsewhere.

--
-bts

Kiko

> This is not a web-hosting service, is is a virtual private server hosting
> service.

I know that very well

>The data you store there is not accessible to the public, all
> transfers are down a single channel of the specified speed capacity to and
> from your own computers, via the internet.

Not really you just dont know how to use a VPS for webhosting

> Monthly Bandwidth is a misprint and is actually just plain old hardware line
> speed in Mbit/sec . Read the title bar of the web page - "bandwidth
> unmetered".

Ok that solves the question, so it is a misprint.

> I don't think this is really a query for this newsgroup. Why not ask the
> operators of this service themselves to elucidate rather than asking us to
> guess.
>

> Tim Jackson

I would have done so, but since people has replired to this message I
have no need for it. If you feel a message is not relevant just simply
ignore it.

I dont think I will ask more webhosting questions here anyway, you dont
know that a VPS can be used for hosting and the other guy has mistaken
speed with storage.

Dont expect me to reply, I have my problem solved now.

~BD~

Price reductions on webhosting - Prijsverminderingen in webhosting - Diminutions de prix en hébergement web Michel Lenoir NZ Computing 1 03-05-2005 09:10 PM
sho serial interface - available bandwith Stefan Heinrich Cisco 2 10-08-2004 05:40 PM
Bandwith Size rc Cisco 1 07-14-2004 01:56 PM
Bandwith control in 3550 switch Mr Ping Cisco 1 04-28-2004 08:01 AM
bgp link bandwith Glenn Cisco 0 10-29-2003 04:48 PM

Advertisments