Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Laptop Awakes: Wrong Wireless Connection

Laptop Awakes: Wrong Wireless Connection

(PeteCresswell)

When my laptop goes to sleep, it's hooked into my home WiFi
network: SSID="Hui_Nalu". WPA, N.

But when it wakes up, somehow it's grabbing an unprotected
SSID="linksys" network. Probably one of the neighbors'.

Then I have to do a My Computer | Manage | Services and
Applications | Services | Wireless Zero Configuration.Start in
order to be able to re-connect to Hui_Nalu.

What am I doing wrong?
--
PeteCresswell

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Look at the preferred Wireless list and clean up what ever is Not relevant.
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg
Make sure that WZC is on Automatic Mode.
http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...