Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Using Micrsoft NetMeeting through a wireless router question.

Using Micrsoft NetMeeting through a wireless router question.

frustrated with Netmeeting

Ok, I'm trying to use NetMeeting with a friend, we both are on wireless
routers, and we don't know how to set up our systems to let NetMeeting work.
Can any of you help us out so we can use NetMeeting with our wireless
routers? We don't know if it's something with the computer or router that's
not letting us start a meeting. Thanks.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
A Router (does not matter Wire, or Wireless) is in part a NAT Firewall.
As a protection measure Firewall keeps all the computer's port close to
incoming traffic.
If an application needs to interact with the Internet the ports that are
used by the application need to be open toward the computer that runs it.
Maybe this can Help, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/158623
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...