Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > "Member not found" using input property on MSXML processor object

"Member not found" using input property on MSXML processor object

Andy Norman

I have a strange problem.

When I try to call the input property of the MSXML processor object from
VBScript in an ASPX page I get the error "Member not found".

The same code (with a few "set" statements added) works find in ASP.

What on earth is going on ? I can't find anything in the knowledge base on
it.

Here is a copy of a test page that demonstrates the problem.

<%@ Page validateRequest=false aspcompat="TRUE" language="vbscript"
trace="true" debug="true" %>
<script language="vbscript" runat="server">

sub Transform()
dim oXmlIn
dim oXsl
dim oTemplate
dim oProc
dim sXsl

oXmlIn = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.FreeThreadedDOMDocumen t.4.0")
if oXmlIn.loadXml("<root/>") then
Trace.Write("Xml load worked")
else
Trace.Write("Xml load failed")
end if

sXsl = "<?xml version=""1.0""?>" & _
"<xsl:stylesheet version=""1.0""
xmlnssl=""http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"">" & _
"<xslutput method=""html""/>" & _
"<xsl:template match=""/"">root</xsl:template>" & _
"</xsl:stylesheet>"

oXsl = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.FreeThreadedDOMDocumen t.4.0")
if oXsl.loadXml(sXsl) then
Trace.Write("Xsl load worked")
else
Trace.Write("Xsl load failed")
end if

oTemplate = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.XSLTemplate.4.0")

oTemplate.stylesheet = oXsl
oProc = oTemplate.createProcessor()
if oProc is nothing then
Trace.Write("createProcessor failed")
else
Trace.Write("createProcessor worked")
end if

oProc.input = oXmlIn
oProc.transform
end sub

</script>
<%
Call Transform()
%>

Oleg Tkachenko

Andy Norman wrote:

> I have a strange problem.
>
> When I try to call the input property of the MSXML processor object from
> VBScript in an ASPX page I get the error "Member not found".
>
> The same code (with a few "set" statements added) works find in ASP.

ASP and ASP.NET are different beasts. ASP.NET is based on .NET and
doesn't use MSXML therefore. What's wrong with System.Xml pile of
functionality?
--
Oleg Tkachenko
XML Insider