Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > What's happening on this website?

What's happening on this website?

richard

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 04:40:04 -0800 (PST), Radio Man
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Feb 22, 9:23*pm, John Hosking <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>> Radio Man wrote:

>> > As far as I know it is only IE6 and below that does not support Min
>> > and max width.

>> Yes and yes. I believe the confusion comes because of the way Richard
>> phrased his statement using a compound sentence.
>>
>> Consider the difference between
>>
>> 'they use such things as "min-width" which may work anywhere but in IE'
>>
>> which is mostly true, and
>>
>> 'they use such things as "min-width" which may not work anywhere but in IE'
>>
>> which is mostly false. He's combined the two into one sentence:
>> confusion reigns.
>>

>Yeah, it was not a good way of saying that at all. He should have just
>written that, max width works in most modern browsers. As IE6 is not a
>modern browser.

Define "modern".
Does that mean released in the past 6 months or 6 weeks?
IE is like AOL. You do it their way or you use something else.
Which is why I ditched IE.

Jonathan N. Little

richard wrote:

> Define "modern".
> Does that mean released in the past 6 months or 6 weeks?
> IE is like AOL. You do it their way or you use something else.
> Which is why I ditched IE.

No, "modern" in function, IE8 *might* be almost "modern" at release. MS
says it will. I have my doubts...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

What's happening Seth Cisco 2 12-06-2004 02:00 AM
nothing happening... Gordon J. Rattray MCSE 3 05-27-2004 08:32 PM
Any ideas why this is happening ? IHateSpam Cisco 0 02-23-2004 09:20 PM
Whats happening to my router? Bryan Martin Cisco 5 01-10-2004 01:23 AM
Good news just keep on happening tommylee MCSD 0 07-22-2003 04:57 PM

Advertisments