Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Recording from Win TV and burning to DVD disc.

Re: Recording from Win TV and burning to DVD disc.

Helpful guy

"Mick Cant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi again,
> Mick here, I am using the "Burn DVD Video Files" button in Nero
> I have a side show programme (xat.com) that makes a Vidio_TS file and use
> the "Burn DVD Video Files" ok and make playable disc!
>
> But VideoRe Do will only let me make a DVD (*vob) file ? but I am trying
> to use the "Burn DVD Video Files" button .
>
> I then get a message saying:
> The file VTS*vob is larger than 2 GB and theafore cannot be stored in a
> ISO file system.

One method of turning a single large vob into a compliant dvd is to use
vobedit and ifoedit.
First you use vobedit to demux the audio and video streams.
Then you use ifoedit to author a dvd.
You can then burn the dvd with the burn dvd video files option in Nero.
Google will find more detailed instructions.

doS

www.womble.com
also are you using ntfs?

"Mick Cant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi all,
> I did contact VideoReDo as well and they have said I can do the
> editing of mpeg files and burn them to DVD disc, if I upgrade from my
> present version to "VideoReDo TVSuite ", so that is what I will do.
> Thank you everyone for your help.
> Michael Cant.
> "Helpful guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gnmlhf$bgp$(E-Mail Removed)...
> One method of turning a single large vob into a compliant dvd is to use
> vobedit and ifoedit.
> First you use vobedit to demux the audio and video streams.
> Then you use ifoedit to author a dvd.
> You can then burn the dvd with the burn dvd video files option in Nero.
> Google will find more detailed instructions.

Helpful guy

"Mick Cant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi, thanks for the link, it looks interesting, am sorry but can I ask what
> "ntfs" is, is it a file type? I am not technical on editing.

I think that was gathered.
No, NTFS is not a file type, but you are close.
As for Wombles, well, you can either leave them to do whatever they do on
Wimbledon common or you can spend money on the software which they must have
spent the last 30 years writing.
I wouldn't touch it, I'd just learn something technical and do it all for
free.

M.L.

>> Hi, thanks for the link, it looks interesting, am sorry but can I ask what
>> "ntfs" is, is it a file type? I am not technical on editing.

>I think that was gathered.
>No, NTFS is not a file type, but you are close.
>As for Wombles, well, you can either leave them to do whatever they do on
>Wimbledon common or you can spend money on the software which they must have
>spent the last 30 years writing.
>I wouldn't touch it, I'd just learn something technical and do it all for
>free.

There is no freeware comparative to Womble. No freeware mpeg editor
does smart reencoding with effects the way Womble can.

Helpful guy

"M.L." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Hi, thanks for the link, it looks interesting, am sorry but can I ask
>>> what
>>> "ntfs" is, is it a file type? I am not technical on editing.

>>I think that was gathered.
>>No, NTFS is not a file type, but you are close.
>>As for Wombles, well, you can either leave them to do whatever they do on
>>Wimbledon common or you can spend money on the software which they must
>>have
>>spent the last 30 years writing.
>>I wouldn't touch it, I'd just learn something technical and do it all for
>>free.

> There is no freeware comparative to Womble. No freeware mpeg editor
> does smart reencoding with effects the way Womble can.

I'll take your word for it Tobermorey.
I've been doing mpeg reencoding for a long time and I've never heard of
womble (in the mpeg reencoding context) until now.