Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Problem with update panel

Problem with update panel

Paul

Hi I have a webpage updating while using vs2005 with ajax. There are 2
update panels with a dropdown box in each (autopostback = true) and with the
selection of the dropdown (selected index event) I am filling other controls
outside the update panels with text. Since the controls are outside the
update panels they do not appear to change with the selected index event, any
ideas?
thanks.
--
Paul G
Software engineer.

wjfamilia

The other controls you are updating must too be in an update panel (the same
one or a different one).
--
William J. Familia

"Paul" wrote:

> Hi I have a webpage updating while using vs2005 with ajax. There are 2
> update panels with a dropdown box in each (autopostback = true) and with the
> selection of the dropdown (selected index event) I am filling other controls
> outside the update panels with text. Since the controls are outside the
> update panels they do not appear to change with the selected index event, any
> ideas?
> thanks.
> --
> Paul G
> Software engineer.

Paul

thanks for the information, it works!
--
Paul G
Software engineer.

"wjfamilia" wrote:

> The other controls you are updating must too be in an update panel (the same
> one or a different one).
> --
> William J. Familia
>

> "Paul" wrote:
>
> > Hi I have a webpage updating while using vs2005 with ajax. There are 2
> > update panels with a dropdown box in each (autopostback = true) and with the
> > selection of the dropdown (selected index event) I am filling other controls
> > outside the update panels with text. Since the controls are outside the
> > update panels they do not appear to change with the selected index event, any
> > ideas?
> > thanks.
> > --
> > Paul G
> > Software engineer.

How to really disable Java Update check when there is NO "Update" tab in Control Panel? Sven Fischer Java 0 10-22-2012 07:54 AM
Swing, JTabbedPane/Panel/Panel JC Java 1 08-09-2006 09:44 PM
Delete a panel inside a panel (2) HS1 Java 4 12-08-2004 02:48 AM
Delete a panel inside a panel HS1 Java 3 12-07-2004 10:50 PM
Email From Forms with asp:panel.(s) Only one panel works? Harry ASP .Net 3 11-10-2003 03:13 AM

Advertisments