Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > D-link difficulty

D-link difficulty

blknblu2 blknblu2 is offline
Junior Member
Location: Canada!

I've been having bad luck lately with computers. It started back about year ago. we have two computers at our home the upstairs-office cp's for my parents to use for work and such and the cp in the basement is ours to roam free. My parents cp has always had internet but we had to wait a good 6 years before my step-mom gave in to us and set up a connection downstairs using the good old linksys adapter setup. but of course with our step-mom, believing that the internet was some invention of the devil's, started limiting our internet time down to almost nothing until the time in between our times on was so long that she eventually lost the adapter (or she flushed down the toilet on purpose im not sure which). so after a year of waiting our prayers were finally answered when our dad decided to switch from Bell to Rodgers and in the process bought us an entire D-link setup. but, guess my luck, our computer broke down a week after getting the internet and we watched (in tears) as we were forced to erase everything and do an entire system recovery.
Now of course one would think that this wouldn't be to big of a deal because we had manged to save the majority of our home pics and vids and we could always get all our itunes songs back from friends. but , guess my luck, it's become impossible to set up d-link again because the computer refuses to run the setup cd for the adapter. and no i've already checked if it will run other cds and they work fine. i've tried over and over and i even was forced to resort to reading the setup manual.

im running out of ideas please help!

P.S. i would also like to know if there was a way to set up wireless on my psp using the push button system because there is zero chance of me getting the WEP password from my parents.

Last edited by blknblu2; 02-23-2009 at 03:51 PM..

Difficulty repairing a lost connection =?Utf-8?B?Ry1NQUM=?= Wireless Networking 0 11-17-2005 03:36 PM
70-315 test difficulty phatrice MCSD 2 05-02-2004 01:55 AM
MCSE electives ranked by difficulty GregB369 MCSE 7 04-13-2004 06:33 PM
Difficulty Kyle Microsoft Certification 1 10-18-2003 01:45 AM
Difficulty level gauge for Microsoft Certification curious Microsoft Certification 3 09-20-2003 06:43 PM

Advertisments