Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Does anyone know of a phone that does this...

Does anyone know of a phone that does this...

elziko

I'm looking for a standalone phone that will connect to the Internet via
Wi-Fi.

I need it to be able to be connected to two Skype accounts and at least one
SIP (currently sipgate) account and receive incoming calls from any one of
them. I don;t want to have to select which account I currently want to
connect to.

Are there such phones around? I didn't have much luck in finding anything
decent.

elziko

"elziko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cFSml.36749$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I need it to be able to be connected to two Skype accounts and at least
> one SIP (currently sipgate) account

Sorry i should have made it clear that all accounts need to be connected at
*the same time*!

Gordon Henderson

In article <IGSml.36750$(E-Mail Removed) >,
elziko <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"elziko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:cFSml.36749$(E-Mail Removed). com...
>> I need it to be able to be connected to two Skype accounts and at least
>> one SIP (currently sipgate) account

>Sorry i should have made it clear that all accounts need to be connected at
>*the same time*!

I doubt there is such a device avalable.

Good luck.

Gordon

Theo Markettos

elziko <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm looking for a standalone phone that will connect to the Internet via
> Wi-Fi.
>
> I need it to be able to be connected to two Skype accounts and at least one
> SIP (currently sipgate) account and receive incoming calls from any one of
> them. I don;t want to have to select which account I currently want to
> connect to.

Best I can think of is some kind of PDA with appropriate software installed.
Does the normal Skype client allow you to connect to two Skype accounts at
once?

Theo

Brian A

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:45:30 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <IGSml.36750$(E-Mail Removed) >,
>elziko <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>"elziko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:cFSml.36749$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
>>> I need it to be able to be connected to two Skype accounts and at least
>>> one SIP (currently sipgate) account

>>Sorry i should have made it clear that all accounts need to be connected at
>>*the same time*!

>I doubt there is such a device avalable.
>
>Good luck.
>
>Gordon

I share the same doubts as Gordon.
If you are technically apt you probably can achieve what you want to
do but it will take a lot of setting up. You would need a computer,
switched on, to run some software.
First you would have a standard SIP ATA working with a standard
cordless phone set. The task then is to interface Skype with the ATA
by connecting to its IP on the appropriate port.
Running on Ubuntu Linux I have experimented with Skype/SIP interface
software such as SIPtheeSkype and SIPtoSis. It is also necessary to
install and run a Java Skype client for each of your Skype accounts.
I have suceeded in being able to dial out to Skype contacts from my
handset. I have also got my handset to ring on an incoming Skype calls
ands to display the caller's username on the handset.
I have a Ubuntu Linux machine running MythTV so I need that computer
switched on anyway so it might as well do other jobs and SIP/Skype
interface is one. The experiment is on-going and not at the point
where I can publish details.

References from mhspot.com:
http://www.mhspot.com/sts/siptosis_download.php
http://tinyurl.com/bsk3a4

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---

elziko

Thanks for all the replies - it looks iek I'm asking for too much. What if I
lowered the bar?

Does anyone know of a phone that will be connected to a single Skype account
and a single SIP account at the same time?

I already have Fring on my WM Phone but I wan't something a little more
'home phone' like and that people can use when I'm not at home.

Thanks!