Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > DECT handset that will do SKYPE & SIP and have a PSTN line too

DECT handset that will do SKYPE & SIP and have a PSTN line too

TheDragon

As the subject,

I have a friend who for some strange reason has lots of Skype buddies (God
forbid I thought), I talked him into the VOIP world and the benefits of
voipcheap (or similar) and sipgate (or similar) for incoming. He wants to
still talk to his Skype buddies too on the phone.

Does such a beast exist that can have 2 or more SIP accounts. Skype and have
a PSTN line for local calls???

Google brings up loads of either SIP or Skype but never both, so I am
beginning to think its not allowed.

Tim

TheDragon wrote:
> As the subject,
>
> I have a friend who for some strange reason has lots of Skype buddies (God
> forbid I thought), I talked him into the VOIP world and the benefits of
> voipcheap (or similar) and sipgate (or similar) for incoming. He wants to
> still talk to his Skype buddies too on the phone.
>
> Does such a beast exist that can have 2 or more SIP accounts. Skype and have
> a PSTN line for local calls???

Gigaset phone (say S685IP) with an M34 USB dongle.

http://www.home-phones.co.uk/phone-a...nector-dongle/

I reckon. I've never done this in practice, but that is the idea of
the M34.

Tim

TheDragon

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:499e054b$0$511$(E-Mail Removed)...
> TheDragon wrote:
>> As the subject,
>>
>> I have a friend who for some strange reason has lots of Skype buddies
>> (God forbid I thought), I talked him into the VOIP world and the benefits
>> of voipcheap (or similar) and sipgate (or similar) for incoming. He wants
>> to still talk to his Skype buddies too on the phone.
>>
>> Does such a beast exist that can have 2 or more SIP accounts. Skype and
>> have a PSTN line for local calls???

> Gigaset phone (say S685IP) with an M34 USB dongle.
>
> http://www.home-phones.co.uk/phone-a...nector-dongle/
>
> I reckon. I've never done this in practice, but that is the idea of the
> M34.
>
> Tim

Thanks Tim,
But still needs a PC to get Skype.

I will keep looking

Tim

TheDragon wrote:

> But still needs a PC to get Skype.

There aren't many devices which will do skype without the PC.

Tim