Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Show border around datagrid row on mouseover?

Re: Show border around datagrid row on mouseover?

Anthony Jones

"Arch Stanton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mOqml.9677$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have datagrids with alternating colors, and I've been experimenting with
>jazzing them up with a color change on mouseover. What I'd really like to
>do instead is to add a border to the datagrid row on mouseover.
>
> My mouseover code looks like this:
>
> Protected Sub DataGrid_ItemCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs)
>
> e.Item.Attributes.Add("onmouseover","this.style.ba ckgroundColor='green';")
> e.Item.Attributes.Add("onmouseout","this.style.bac kgroundColor='white';")
>
> end sub
>
> Is there a straightforward way to add a border around the row instead of
> changing its color? I've been Googling this for two hours, but I can't
> find anything I can make work.

Make sure your css for the unadorned TR has a border of the same color as
the content background say "1px solid white"

Then:-

e.Item.Attributes.Add("onmouseenter","this.style.b order = '1px solid
black';")
e.Item.Attributes.Add("onmouseleave","this.style.b order='';")

(Note you may not want to run code on all bubbled over/outs use the
non-bubbling enter/leave)

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET