Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Getting web control Ids in a variable on click

Getting web control Ids in a variable on click

akshayjadhav akshayjadhav is offline
Junior Member

Hello,
I want to develop a windows application in which i want to to get id of controls like text box or label on any web page.
In IE developer tool we have Select element by click, in which we can recognize element by selecting that control. Like that I too need that functionality.
I have created a windows application in which I have one text box and through that I can open web page
System.Uri uriBro = new System.Uri(textBox1.Text);
webBrowser1.Url = uriBro;

In that web page I am filling one text box with req field.

webBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("txtName").Inn erText = "4517";

but here I know the id " txtName ".
Now if i open one unknown page then also I want the controls on that page to fill that control with my values. I want them in a variable on click. Can anybody suggest me how to do it?

Last edited by akshayjadhav; 02-17-2009 at 11:15 AM..