Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > AOpen Aeolus 7800GTX-DVD256

AOpen Aeolus 7800GTX-DVD256

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

What can you say about a 7800GTX? The most powerful video card on the market at this time certainly did not disappoint in this review and managed to make me look twice at certain results. The AOpen Aeolus 7800GTX-DVD256 is not a lot different from any of the other 7800GTX cards out there and is pretty much identical to the other manufacturers such as EVGA, XFX, and BFG brands. They are simply clones of each other with just different logos on the HS/Fan assembly. The KO version from EVGA comes clocked at 490/1300 and this Aeolus 7800GTX had no problem reaching those speeds and more. The overclocking of this card was very good and, after reading some reviews and talking with other 7800GTX owners, I realized that the 505/1350 I was able to achieve is higher than most of these cards will go.
Link: http://www.overclockersonline.com/?p...ticles&num=308