Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Available Network refresh leaves old networks

Available Network refresh leaves old networks

Craig

When I click view available wireless networks on my laptop the "refreshed"
list shows wireless networks that I know are no longer available. For
instance, wireless networks I used in Sacramento CA still show even though I
refresh the list when I'm in Florida.

How can I clean up this list?

Thanks,

Craig

Barb Bowman

you should be able to remove them from the list. if you are using
Vista, go into the Network and Sharing Center, then Manage Wireless
Networks.

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
In most cases the Wireless sources (SSID) that are used, logged on by
mistake, or their signal was so strong that it attract the connection, end
up as an entry on what is referred to as the "Preferred List".
In Vista follow Barb suggestion above,
http://www.ezlan.net/vista/vista_wlist.jpg
WinXP looks like this, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg
It is a good idea to perform a frequent cleanup of the preferred list
keeping only the Wireless SSID that are frequently used.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...