Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Bluetooth Headset Audio Properties Problems

Bluetooth Headset Audio Properties Problems

Moosebowl

I just bought a great bluetooth headset, but I keep having to jigger with the
audio properties in order to get them to work correctly with Windows XP. I
have a broadcom/Widcomm bluetooth built-in adapter. I have the headphones
paired just fine, and I can adjust the audio properties to select them, but
then it is only in Mono. In order to get the Stereo out, I have to do the
following:

- Select the bluetooth options and select Add a Bluetooth Device. Find the
headset and select Add. Then select OK.
- Then I have to go to the Audio Properties, Audio Tab and select Bluetooth
Stereo Audio for the Default Device for Sound Playback.

The questions are A) Why does the Audio not know about the bluetooth
headphones automatically when the device connects and B) why does it not know
about the stereo settings without having to reset the configuration?

Pavel A.

Moosebowl wrote:
> I just bought a great bluetooth headset, but I keep having to jigger with the
> audio properties in order to get them to work correctly with Windows XP. I
> have a broadcom/Widcomm bluetooth built-in adapter. I have the headphones
> paired just fine, and I can adjust the audio properties to select them, but
> then it is only in Mono. In order to get the Stereo out, I have to do the
> following:
>
> - Select the bluetooth options and select Add a Bluetooth Device. Find the
> headset and select Add. Then select OK.
> - Then I have to go to the Audio Properties, Audio Tab and select Bluetooth
> Stereo Audio for the Default Device for Sound Playback.
>
> The questions are A) Why does the Audio not know about the bluetooth
> headphones automatically when the device connects and B) why does it not know
> about the stereo settings without having to reset the configuration?

This NG unfortunately does not deal with BT *audio*; try the Widcomm
(Broadcom) support.

--pa