Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Missing item in 'All Programs'

Missing item in 'All Programs'

Lindsay Rollo

Windows XP

I have Font Lab's TTool3 installed, but it does not appear in the
'All Prograns' list; nor does it appear in the 'Add Remove' list under
Control Panel, or in Revo's program list.

There are several references to the program in the Registry.

The program also creates an uninstall executable on loading.

Why is there no reference to the softare in these three places,
and which other programs asre ignored by the 'All Programs' list ?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090215-0, 15/02/2009
Tested on: 2/16/2009 7:31:24 p.m.

Peter M

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:31:24 +1300, Lindsay Rollo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Windows XP
>
> I have Font Lab's TTool3 installed, but it does not appear in the
>'All Prograns' list; nor does it appear in the 'Add Remove' list under
>Control Panel, or in Revo's program list.
>
> There are several references to the program in the Registry.
>
> The program also creates an uninstall executable on loading.
>
> Why is there no reference to the softare in these three places,
>and which other programs asre ignored by the 'All Programs' list ?
>

>---
>avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
>Virus Database (VPS): 090215-0, 15/02/2009
>Tested on: 2/16/2009 7:31:24 p.m.

Lots of programs run in the background, like a few that I have installed, you right click
on the file and it gets listed in that drop down menu, or it might show in the system
tool bar.

If you need to remove it try Crapcleaner

http://www.ccleaner.com/..

Peter M

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:31:24 +1300, Lindsay Rollo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Windows XP
>
> I have Font Lab's TTool3 installed, but it does not appear in the
>'All Prograns' list; nor does it appear in the 'Add Remove' list under
>Control Panel, or in Revo's program list.
>
> There are several references to the program in the Registry.
>
> The program also creates an uninstall executable on loading.
>
> Why is there no reference to the softare in these three places,
>and which other programs asre ignored by the 'All Programs' list ?
>

>---
>avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
>Virus Database (VPS): 090215-0, 15/02/2009
>Tested on: 2/16/2009 7:31:24 p.m.

Lots of programs run in the background, like a few that I have installed, you right click
on the file and it gets listed in that drop down menu, or it might show in the system
tool bar.

If you need to remove it try Crapcleaner

http://www.ccleaner.com/..

~~~~~Try also reinstalling it..