Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wired and wireless network

Wired and wireless network

Mrich

Hello,
I hope this is understandable.
I have three desktop computers.
Computer 1 is connected to the internet via wired network adapter and
wireless router.
Computer 2 is connected to the internet via wireless network adapter
on the same wireless network as computer 1.
Computer 2 also has a second wired network adapter that is networked to
Computer 3 via a hub.
Is it possible for computer 1 to connect to computer 3 ?

Thanks in advance.
Mrich.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Sure, you can setup bridge. this how to may help.
peer to peer workgroup setup
If your computer with two NICs resides between two different IP
subnets or two segment networks such as Ethernet network and HomePNA
network, you can bridge ...
www.chicagotech.net/workgroupsetup.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Mrich" <mrich> wrote in message
news:uu9KK$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I hope this is understandable.
> I have three desktop computers.
> Computer 1 is connected to the internet via wired network adapter and
> wireless router.
> Computer 2 is connected to the internet via wireless network adapter
> on the same wireless network as computer 1.
> Computer 2 also has a second wired network adapter that is networked to
> Computer 3 via a hub.
> Is it possible for computer 1 to connect to computer 3 ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Mrich.

Mrich

Thank you very much !

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sure, you can setup bridge. this how to may help.
> peer to peer workgroup setup
> If your computer with two NICs resides between two different IP
> subnets or two segment networks such as Ethernet network and HomePNA
> network, you can bridge ...
> www.chicagotech.net/workgroupsetup.htm
>

> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "Mrich" <mrich> wrote in message
> news:uu9KK$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> > I hope this is understandable.
> > I have three desktop computers.
> > Computer 1 is connected to the internet via wired network adapter and
> > wireless router.
> > Computer 2 is connected to the internet via wireless network adapter
> > on the same wireless network as computer 1.
> > Computer 2 also has a second wired network adapter that is networked to
> > Computer 3 via a hub.
> > Is it possible for computer 1 to connect to computer 3 ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Mrich.

NIMON NYAGA KAGURE

HI I HAVE A WIRELESS NETWORK IN MY OFFICE AND ITS EXPERIENCING A PROBLEM,ITS
INDICATING WIRELESS CONNECTION NOT CONNECTED UNDER THE NETWORK CONNECTION
WINDOW AND IT INDICATED WTH A RED X.WHAT CAN I DO TO CONNECT IT.SO THAT I CAN
ACCESS THE OTHER NETWORK RESOURCES.

Lem

NIMON NYAGA KAGURE wrote:

> HI I HAVE A WIRELESS NETWORK IN MY OFFICE AND ITS EXPERIENCING A PROBLEM,ITS
> INDICATING WIRELESS CONNECTION NOT CONNECTED UNDER THE NETWORK CONNECTION
> WINDOW AND IT INDICATED WTH A RED X.WHAT CAN I DO TO CONNECT IT.SO THAT I CAN
> ACCESS THE OTHER NETWORK RESOURCES.

1. Turn off your caps lock.
2. If the wireless network is in your office, ask your office IT
department how to connect to it.
3. If your office is at home and the wireless network is yours, check to
see if the wireless adapter in your laptop is on (most have either a
physical switch or a Fn key combination to turn the radio on/off).
4. If 2 and 3 above don't help, post back with more information,
including what version of Windows and what make/model of wireless adapter.

--
Lem -- MS-MVP